1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

rooting problems

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by jhein22, Feb 28, 2012.

1. jhein22

jhein22 New Member

i am new to rooting, and my droid x is giving me problems. I have installed the z4root program.. and when i choose permanent, it looks like it runs through the process and then just closes without restarting. any ideas?
  2. Savagerun

Savagerun New Member

3. jhein22

jhein22 New Member

thank you, i rooted my phone... now i think i need to back up my files and system? what applications do i need to download now
  4. Savagerun

Savagerun New Member

To backup your apps i recommend titanium backup pro. You'll need droid2 bootstrap app if you want to make a full backup of your phone in it's current state and also if you plan on flashing custom roms. I know you have a droidx but use the droid2 bootstrap it works great on gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Savagerun

Savagerun New Member