1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting problem?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by P_bo, Jun 21, 2011.

1. P_bo

P_bo New Member

so I've been trying to do the unrevoked root method for my incredible. I plug in the phone when it says and I make sure usb debugging is enabled. No text changes, almost like the computer doesn't recognize that there is a device plugged in... does anybody know why this is happening? And if they do, what am I doing wrong, and what can I do about it?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums
  2. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

Do you have the correct drivers downloaded to your PC? It's been a LONG time since I rooted my Incredible, but I think there was an issue with having the correct drivers installed. You'd probably be better off posting this question in the Rescue Squad area for the HTC Incredible - Incredible Rooted Help - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

-Mike
  3. P_bo

P_bo New Member

Yeah I installed some drivers, but I'm not really sure how to tell if there the right ones or not they were in a link on the unrevoked website/download sure. Also when I plug my phone into the computer the 'installing wizard' says failed to
    Successfully install devise... Would a factory reset help with that? I have nothing to really lose, my phone crashed a few days ago and I had to reinstall all my downloaded apps... Thanks for previous advise
  4. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member

OK, stay calm and wait for one of the Rescue Squad people - the heavy hitter, tech experts, which *I* am not - to get back with you. It's very much a "solvable problem", I just don't know what the answer is, myself. :icon_eek:

-Mike
  5. P_bo

P_bo New Member

Alright, thank you much!