Rooting problem?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by P_bo, Jun 21, 2011.

1. P_bo

P_bo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so I've been trying to do the unrevoked root method for my incredible. I plug in the phone when it says and I make sure usb debugging is enabled. No text changes, almost like the computer doesn't recognize that there is a device plugged in... does anybody know why this is happening? And if they do, what am I doing wrong, and what can I do about it?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

2. UltraDroid

UltraDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +157
    Do you have the correct drivers downloaded to your PC? It's been a LONG time since I rooted my Incredible, but I think there was an issue with having the correct drivers installed. You'd probably be better off posting this question in the Rescue Squad area for the HTC Incredible - Incredible Rooted Help - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

-Mike

3. P_bo

P_bo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I installed some drivers, but I'm not really sure how to tell if there the right ones or not they were in a link on the unrevoked website/download sure. Also when I plug my phone into the computer the 'installing wizard' says failed to
    Successfully install devise... Would a factory reset help with that? I have nothing to really lose, my phone crashed a few days ago and I had to reinstall all my downloaded apps... Thanks for previous advise

4. UltraDroid

UltraDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +157
    OK, stay calm and wait for one of the Rescue Squad people - the heavy hitter, tech experts, which *I* am not - to get back with you. It's very much a "solvable problem", I just don't know what the answer is, myself. :icon_eek:

-Mike

5. P_bo

P_bo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, thank you much!