Rooting problem

Bpowder33

Reaction score
10-15 minutes!.... Lol... I think the longest I've seen is like 2 minutes....

scott craft

Reaction score
Well I'm happy to say that I'm now running the talon rom that was linked to earlier. Fastboot boot recovery is definitely the way to go, it's nice not having to flash boot.img. Thanks for all the help, now to get it set up like I want it!

scott craft

Reaction score
I will definitely say that I think I went the long way around to get this phone rooted and rommed. It seems like it was easier when I did my Motorola droid, but when I did that one it was still a hot phone so the how to's were still up to date. I just got all my apps downloaded so I'll set it all up tomorrow. I'm also loving that Google now is on my phone!

Bpowder33

Reaction score
I will definitely say that I think I went the long way around to get this phone rooted and rommed. It seems like it was easier when I did my Motorola droid, but when I did that one it was still a hot phone so the how to's were still up to date. I just got all my apps downloaded so I'll set it all up tomorrow. I'm also loving that Google now is on my phone!

Ya, I recall the how tos were nice and simple one click root apps :)

scott craft

Reaction score
I never used a one-click root on my DROID. To me that keeps you from knowing how to fix it if something goes wrong.

So far I'm enjoying the talon rom. I'm working on setting up my home screens and logging into my apps. I'll probably put my sim card in it tomorrow and start carrying it with me instead of my 8X.

scott craft

Reaction score
So far it seems battery life on this rom is better than stock, but I'll get a better feel for it when I take it to work Monday. It seems to not register touch input as well as I think it should, but overall I'm pretty satisfied. Once I figure out how to put a camera and Google now shortcut on the lockscreen I'll be set.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 4

scott craft

Reaction score
I updated my radios to the latest and without Google now I'm getting OK battery life whereas before it was abysmal. Even with the extended battery it's still not as good as my 8X, but it will suffice. I also compared an S4 to my Rezound today watching YouTube and I was very pleased with the video quality on my phone compared to the S4. Not bad at all for a phone released almost two years ago.

scott craft

Reaction score
Do I need to do any maintenance to my phone periodically? The reason I ask is currently my phone is extremely laggy and doesn't respond well to touch input. At times it's borderline unusable.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Do I need to do any maintenance to my phone periodically? The reason I ask is currently my phone is extremely laggy and doesn't respond well to touch input. At times it's borderline unusable.
Generally no... although it wouldn't hurt from time to time to boot into recovery and wipe the cache and dalvik partitions if you have lag issues, give it some time after doing that though as the caches have to rebuild. If the issue continues your probably about ready for a factory default to flush out the old garbage.

scott craft

Reaction score
Thanks, just wiped. Hopefully this helps. I'm trying to make this thing last until December, but it's getting aggravating, lol.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Thanks, just wiped. Hopefully this helps. I'm trying to make this thing last until December, but it's getting aggravating, lol.
Really? I have been running CarbonROM and Tachyon lately in my Rezound, and it is still a pretty amazing device... When is the last time you tried a new ROM?

(Assuming you are running a custom ROM as you posted in a rooting thread)

scott craft

Reaction score
I'm using the Talon rom. This is the one I flashed when I rooted so I haven't been using it that long. Wiping cache helped a lot. I'm getting a new phone in December so all I need is a month and a half out of this phone and it will be a backup again.