Rooting, OTA updates, and Superuser...questions

therock

Reaction score
I'm Baaaaak!

I'm Baaaaak! Heh!

Thanks again. You can take credit with your friends I have purchased Rom Manager & Root Explorer and have them up & running and a backup made.

So all dressed up and only one place to go now is I'm looking for a dark theme. As a private investigator I hate it when I need to use my device and a white screen lights up my face and the immediate area.:icon_eek:

Can anyone direct me to a theme that blacks out the Browser, Email, Gmail & SMS apps to have black backgrounds with white or red text options? I thought I seen one advertized someplace and didn't tag it dang it.

Someone should have one and call it "The Black Limo".

Thanks,

madspeed

Reaction score
Ok, so im unlocked and rooted. Now im getting the ota update. If i accept, where in the root process do i start to regain root? I assume this would be after the unlocking part? Just looking for clarification . Tired of hitting the ' remind later' when the update notification appears!!;)

rjcapp

Reaction score
Watching and learning

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, so im unlocked and rooted. Now im getting the ota update. If i accept, where in the root process do i start to regain root? I assume this would be after the unlocking part? Just looking for clarification . Tired of hitting the ' remind later' when the update notification appears!!;)

You probably should have taken the ota first. After you accept the ota, you will still be unlocked, but root will be gone.

Did you root with my method or another? If my method, just start up at step 17. As an alternative, I suggest you check out this. This is a very slick tool and should make everyone's lives easier.

Another thing to consider is if you plan to flash a custom rom any time soon? If you are, I would just flash clockwork from Rom Manager and install a custom rom. When you install the custom rom, your update notification will be gone (and you can avoid having to re-root).