1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting OTA ICS

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound Development' started by cts17, Aug 5, 2012.

1. cts17

cts17 New Member

Hey guys, I've been browsing the forums for some time now. Just got ICS a couple of days ago on a stock rezound, and have been considering a root since I've gotten the phone. My question is, would rooting the ota ics been the same process? Any new risks that could pop up? Thanks in advance for any help I get, just trying to be safe versus sorry.
  2. HowardZ

HowardZ New Member

no, rooting is different.

1. do the htcdev.com unlock procedure.

2. Either install/flash Ramon ra recovery or at least boot up Ramon ra recovery.

3. do not root via the recovery menu - it will not work on HTC ics. Using Ramon ra recovery, or touch recovery, or clockworkmod recovery install the latest version of SuperSU zip file.

I had difficulty using the latest version of SuperUser zip file, so I use SuperSU zip file.

on xda forums hansoon has made some tools to make the process easier.

Howard
  3. corki2

corki2 New Member

I used Hasoon2000's Toolkit to unlock, root, install Amon Ra. It was easy.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  4. peepmyswag

peepmyswag New Member

I got my root back downloaded the superuser found here. Just flash through amon ra recovery.
    http://androidsu.com/superuser/

Edit: flash the zip file from recovery. Installing it from the developer menu in amon ra doesn't Work.
  5. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Moved to Development forum where it belongs. Try to remember guys that rooting/roming talk goes there. General discussion should be for general topics about the phone. Not everyone roots. (even if they should) :biggrin:
  6. cts17

cts17 New Member

Thanks for the info guys. And sorry about the wrong forum, figured since it was a mixture of a root topic and ics topic general might be ok. So I'm guessing a factory reset is still required? If so, are there any good back ups to keep my pics, contacts, app data and such after everything is said and done?
  7. MrSmith317

Pics aren't effected, contacts aren't(if you use google or another online service for contacts), app data is always the problem. Titanium backup will backup your app data but only if you're rooted. Otherwise you're kinda out of luck. Google definitely needs to add in something that works like Titanium but for non-rooted phones.
  8. Pokerdonkey

Pokerdonkey New Member

Being the noob that I am I have to admit that I used an outdated guide to attempt to root the OTC ICS and getting all sorts of errors.

I went back into amon ra and did a restore Google Proprietary files and then used the zip file included in hansoons tool but still having android crashes, dropped internet service etc.
    Other than what I've done is there something that I should do in amon ra to undo the improper root and start clean? Appreciate any help.
  9. Aximtreo

Aximtreo New Member

OK, I have downloaded the latest Hanson Tool Kit for the Rezound. Having read so much and gotten more confused the more I read; do I need anything other than the Hanson tool Kit to root my Rezound. It has the new ICS OTA.
  10. corki2

corki2 New Member

There is a YouTube video with step by step instructions. I used it and it was great help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b-BReM6HF8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
  11. MrSmith317

If you need a step by step try starting with the guide in my sig. If you need help PM me. I'll do my best to get you up and running again
Search tags for this page

how to root htc rezound

how to root htc rezound ics

htc rezound root ics

ics rezound root

rezound ics root

rezound root ics

root htc rezound

root htc rezound ics

root htc rezound ics ota
root ics rezound
root ota ics rezound