1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting on a mac instructions please!!!

Discussion in 'Droid 3 Hacks' started by pyro6128, Aug 26, 2011.

1. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

I keep trying to set up adb and run the commands by I must be doing something (lots of things) wrong because i keep getting errors. I've never used adb before. Would it be possible for someone to do a quick writeup of how to root the d3 on a mac?

I downloaded the sd and the platform tools, typed cd in terminal then dragged the platform-tools folder into the window. Then I put in the line ./adb shell and got shell@cdma_solana:/$ At that point i tried to past in the first command listed in the root steps, but i get something that says invalid argument. The i tried putting a space after ./ then put in the first command line, and I get "permission denied". Could someone help me please! I'm dying to root this thing
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

pyro, AFAIK you are on the right track. All I know is that using ADB on Mac is very similar to using it on a Linux box, and your terminal commands (with the prepends) are what I've read.

Which version of the Android SDK are you using?
  3. Saik0Shinigami

Saik0Shinigami New Member

Rooting on a mac instructions please!!!:

1) Find friend with a Windows PC
    2) Use 1 click solution
    3) ????
    4) Profit

Sorry couldn't resist...
  4. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

haha thats exactly what I did, borrowed my brothers comp and just used the one click. Although I still want to learn to use adb properly. I try to avoid using one click methods for things because the hard way usually leads to a better understanding, and lets me be able to troubleshoot myself. But in this case I made the exception
Search tags for this page
droid 3 mac rooting

droid x2 root mac

how to root droid 3 on mac
how to root droid incredible mac
how to root droid x 2 with mac
one click root droid x2 on mac

root droid x2 mac

root droid x2 with mac

root incredible 2 mac

rooting a droid x2 on a mac
rooting droid 3 on a mac