Rooting on a mac instructions please!!!

pyro6128

Reaction score
I keep trying to set up adb and run the commands by I must be doing something (lots of things) wrong because i keep getting errors. I've never used adb before. Would it be possible for someone to do a quick writeup of how to root the d3 on a mac?

I downloaded the sd and the platform tools, typed cd in terminal then dragged the platform-tools folder into the window. Then I put in the line ./adb shell and got shell@cdma_solana:/$ At that point i tried to past in the first command listed in the root steps, but i get something that says invalid argument. The i tried putting a space after ./ then put in the first command line, and I get "permission denied". Could someone help me please! I'm dying to root this thing

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
pyro, AFAIK you are on the right track. All I know is that using ADB on Mac is very similar to using it on a Linux box, and your terminal commands (with the prepends) are what I've read.

Which version of the Android SDK are you using?

Reaction score
Rooting on a mac instructions please!!!:

1) Find friend with a Windows PC
2) Use 1 click solution
3) ????
4) Profit

Sorry couldn't resist...

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Rooting on a mac instructions please!!!:

1) Find friend with a Windows PC
2) Use 1 click solution
3) ????
4) Profit

Sorry couldn't resist...

haha thats exactly what I did, borrowed my brothers comp and just used the one click. Although I still want to learn to use adb properly. I try to avoid using one click methods for things because the hard way usually leads to a better understanding, and lets me be able to troubleshoot myself. But in this case I made the exception