1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting, OC, 2.1: Another "Me too!"

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mrvogt, Mar 13, 2010.

1. mrvogt

mrvogt New Member

I wasn't planning on rooting and going to 2.1 before the official release. But, I too am getting tired of waiting.

Thinking about going to BB 0.8, running at 800 Mhz. I'm getting a little lost with all the ROMs out there, but this seems to be a popular one.

Questions:
    - Does Google Maps and Navigation still work as it should?
    -Any issues with latest Swype?
    -what about removal of Email, Corp calendar, etc? I read people had issues.

Any info is appreciated.

Michael
  2. toddegreene

toddegreene New Member

I've been running BB v.7 and. 8 for several days now. No problems whatsoever. See my signature for configuration.

I've replaced phone, camera, calculator and launcher. I've removed email, corporation Cal, browser, live wallpapers and quickoffice. No force closes or reboots.

I haven't used Swype recently and have had no problems with maps or navigation.
  3. NoKz

NoKz New Member

Running BB ESE53 v.8 and love it. I'm sure you will also. :D