Rooting newbie.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I know, i know, blech not another one

My only question is which rom is the most stable? do they all have the same superuser features? I will be gathering the req'd info on how to backup and root tonight, and will attempt it hopefully tomorrow..

I mainly want to know what rom is the closest and most stable thing to stock droid 2.2; also do any offer the option of selectively turning blur on/off ( in case i find i actually want it)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've got good news and bad news. Good news is you're decision won't be al that difficult. Bad news is its because there's only one Rom for the d2g. It's fission and although its a favorite for a lot of people and has a pretty large team working on it, it is strictly vanilla.

tappin and a talkin

OP
kptphalkon

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Ehh. Vanilla means what? Hahaha....i suck

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol no worries. You don't suck the lingo is just hard to get used to. Vanilla means stock, ya know like nothing exciting, no sprinkles or hot fudge. This means no blur. At least I don't think there's a blurry version available for the global. There are iirc some blur add ons in fission Rom manager.

tappin and a talkin

OP
kptphalkon

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Just so i have an idea of what i will be getting rid of, what does the UI look like without blur?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It will be largely the same but it has a different launcher and none of the like social update widgets and stuff that come with blur. The theme out of the box looks pretty similar to what it does now but I little different. Think nexus one or g1 if you've seen either of those phones.

tappin and a talkin

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Just so i have an idea of what i will be getting rid of, what does the UI look like without blur?

Once you open the Fission Rom Manager, there are a lot of options for themes, keyboards, boot animations, screen transitions, market colors, etc.

OP
kptphalkon

kptphalkon

Reaction score
after a few minutes of research it seems that fission 2.4.x is no longer available, and i need to pay for full functionality with the newest version. Im sure with some hard searching it'd be possible to find 2.4.x somewhere, so i hold no worries yet.

I'd not reeeaalllyy be complaining if not for the fact that i dont have credit cards, or a bank account and debit card, so market or donation pay isnt accessible to me

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

ExodusC

Reaction score

Here's a picture of my homescreen with Fission installed; I am running a Gingerbread theme, so my notification bar is different from the standard Android notification bar, though if you look at Android 2.3, you'll notice the notification bar looks almost exactly like mine.

snap20110116003943.png

after a few minutes of research it seems that fission 2.4.x is no longer available, and i need to pay for full functionality with the newest version. Im sure with some hard searching it'd be possible to find 2.4.x somewhere, so i hold no worries yet.

I'd not reeeaalllyy be complaining if not for the fact that i dont have credit cards, or a bank account and debit card, so market or donation pay isnt accessible to me

I don't think that's right-- there should be no need to pay for anything. You don't have to buy Fission ROM Manager, you can download Fission ROM Manager Lite. I'm assuming that's what you're confused with as far as paying for Fission goes.

OP
kptphalkon

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Yes lol i was confused for a bit.