Rooting My Thunderbolt

iGrizz

Reaction score
Ok I'm sick and tired of waiting for Gingerbread to be released so I'm just going to take matters into my own hands. I am going to root today but first I was gonna look on here for advice. My battery life isn't too bad. I get about 8-10 hours a charge. I don't have any reboot problems like most of you have had.

The main three reasons I am rooting are improved battery life, being able to remove bloatware and getting gingerbread so I can use netflix.

Want method of rooting would you recommend? Also which version of gingerbread would you recommend?

OP
I

iGrizz

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm about to start the rooting process. Can't wait to have a phone that works properly.

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm about to start the rooting process. Can't wait to have a phone that works properly.

Post back if it goes well, I'm thinking about doing the same now. Less for the reason that I'm tired of waiting for Gingerbread, but more for the fact that I'm rejecting this current update.

OP
I

iGrizz

Reaction score
My Thunderbolt is not running the firmware version that the one click root requires. Mine is running 605.7. What should I do?

OP
I

iGrizz

Reaction score
I don't know how to manually root through ADB. On a side not I cannot get the 3 step root to work as well.