Rooting my rental?

shizumie

Reaction score
Ok so i just picked up my razr that im (renting) until my nex gets in. So im wanting to root but my question is this. If i root now freeze a couple of apps, when the time comes for me to return my rental and i unroot will there be any evedince of root since there is no stock restore sdk yet?
Thanks.
O and by the way im actually really liking this phone so far!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would definitely wait. There is not an sbf file or anything yet. The Nexus should be out very soon anyway

X

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
I was afraid of that. I just hate it, there are a few apps that i use daily that require root, but i know that even after unrooting there is often trace of root left over.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. It would be hard to go back to unrooted.

X

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
I read there was root and unroot, if i didnt install any roms or anything just added my few root required apps, seems i cld uninstall them unroot and fact reset and be golden... but thats a big IF... wonder if anyone has just for fun...... on a side note i really doubt my local vzw store would notice if rooted or not, lol

Kimo91

Reaction score
Well lets hope they do so you get stuck with the Razr...that'll teach everyone that plan on trading this awesome phone for the nexus. Pretty dumb or just plain stupid instead of waiting patiently. I love my Razr and don't plan on swapping it for the overrated nexus period.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto Droid Razr

dillont

Reaction score
I think that would be a really stupid thing to do. You might be able to root and unroot it without them knowing, but if god forbid something went wrong during the root process or afterwards and you soft bricked your phone you could be stuck with a paperweight until a SBF file is released, which at that point it could be too late to trade in for a nexus.

By the way nice profile pick Kimo! Go Big Red!!!

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
Harsh words kimo n dill, hurt my feelings. Uncalled for uncalled for, lol. However i have pretty much decided to keep this phone, it really surprised me, and with some of the reviews ive read on nex, n camera.. well heck if it even ever gets realeased... i would have to see it do a magic trick for me to give this thing up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk