rooting moto droid question..............

governmentcheese

Reaction score
i have been thinking about rooting my droid, i like modding things for something to do, but i cant think of a good reason to do it. what are some of the benifits of rooting the droid?

kaboyd

Reaction score
apps2sd... look it up, it includes adding additional rom. Like drivinfocused said, OC'ing and wifi tethering are absolutely great, but making your phone look and feel like you want is priceless...

OP
governmentcheese

governmentcheese

Reaction score
yeah ill check it out................i have pdanet which i use to tether to my netbook, is there a way to also use it as wifi to have other devices using the internet access on it? ( like mobile hotspot )

kaboyd

Reaction score
I'm sorry sir, but I don't know anything about PDAnet. I know that since I'm rooted with wifi tethering, I am my own mobile hotspot for FREE.

OP
governmentcheese

governmentcheese

Reaction score
pdanet is only for tethering to one device via the usb cord.............if you read this last post private message me and help me figure out the easiest & fastest way to root? what to do & a walkthrough of the process? or, a very detailed no b.s. link

shmoo

Reaction score
Dude search the hacks section. There's 2 stickies that will show you what to do. Before rooting read read read and then read some more. You'd be surprised at what you can learn.

kaboyd

Reaction score
I sent you a PM. You can learn all you need to know about obtaining root permission by reading the hack section, but I will help in anyway I can if you require further assistance.

OP
governmentcheese

governmentcheese

Reaction score
Dude search the hacks section. There's 2 stickies that will show you what to do. Before rooting read read read and then read some more. You'd be surprised at what you can learn.
ty shmoo..........im a newb to the droid & this droid fourm- i ll take all the advice i can get lol- moto droid: 1 month

shmoo

Reaction score
Sorry don't mean to be short or snappy. We all started as newbs, I only say read because there are a whole lot of threads that ask about rooting and all it is is someone not searching and not reading. Once you get rooted and know what you're doing you'll know what I'm talkin about. Sorry again bud. I'm sure you'll get rooted with ease. If you have any other q's just ask. Didn't mean to offend if I did.

Reaction score
Getting rid of that horrendous stock notification bar
Overclocking
Tethering
Theming (MetaMorph)
Blocking Ads
Never being bored with trying all new ROMs

I try every ROM with every update and I've settled with the stock DarkEdge theme OC'ed to 900mhz with a p3droid kernel. Fastest setup yet. But I do recommend trying them all for your own personal preference.

elementaldesign

Reaction score
Rooting is good only if your up to it. Read up on the posts here. Don't worry the gov ment ain't goin to get ya. Educate yourself first read read read.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Dude, trust me, rooting your phone is the only way to go. I can sum it up in a very simple equation:

rooted droid > droid

*bows*
Give it a try, trust me, your gonna less than three it

Teammudd

Reaction score
LOL, this is my exact thought....... "am i up to it"? i have all the files down loaded to the computer, and have watched the video's at LEAST 10 times (no B.S.)......

i guess D/L-ing the files is the first step, everything is set and ready to go.

i really hate to void the warranty, but i really do want to do some testing of the OC'ing, teathering ect.....

decisions decisions?!?!?!

** forgot to mention DROID user of about 2 weeks and freakin LOVE IT!!**

Last edited: