1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting issue: root access, but no SuperUser App

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by brightjoker, Apr 29, 2010.

1. brightjoker

brightjoker New Member

Hey all,
    I did the update.zip method of root access about a month ago on my Droid. After rebooting and installing, there was no SuperUser App in my app tray, so I assumed it did not work. I have since updated to 2.1 and gone about my business as if I didn't have root access. However, today I installed the AntiVirus app from the market. After running a scan, the only issue found was in my settings. The AntiVirus claims that I do have root access. I was wondering if there were a way to get the SuperUser App to appear, because otherwise I have no root functions, but I haven't tried anything in terminal yet just because I am not sure what is going on. Any fixes/suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  2. blackngray70

blackngray70 New Member

3. warrior21

warrior21 New Member

If you had root access with 2.0 (although it doesn't sound like you did) and updated to 2.1 then that would have taken away your root access. There is a sticky at the top of the page that will walk you through getting root access for 2.1
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
Search tags for this page
i have root but no superuser?
my superuser is gone after update
no superuser after root
no superuser after rooting
no superuser after rooting android 4.3

phone has root access but there are no icons

phone has superuser access no root access
superuser gone after root
superuser no root access s4
update zip but no superuser app