Rooting HTC ThunderBolt

Daethian

Reaction score
So am I correct in my assumption that if root my TB (like I have with my OG Droid) there is NO REASON to pay for the wifi hotspot so long as I have an an unlimited data plan?

lee__D

Reaction score
So am I correct in my assumption that if root my TB (like I have with my OG Droid) there is NO REASON to pay for the wifi hotspot so long as I have an an unlimited data plan?

correct, u can use wireless tether app to do make it a hotsopt (once rooted)

RVC

Reaction score
Is there a one click root for the TB?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

evereddie

Reaction score
If a phone is rooted can it be 'put back' if need to go to Verizon for service? Or is it a done deal and you have voided the warranty.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can "put it back" to stock. You simply flash a stock, non-rooted ROM in the same manner in which you flashed a custom ROM after rooting. I had my rooted OG Droid's speaker die and needed to return it to the store for a swapout. It took all of five minutes to download the stock, unrooted update.zip file and flash it. When the phone rebooted, it came up just like it did on day one with no root access.:)

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
urge to root...RISING...RISING...falling...RISING...I can't wait to get rid of the bloatware on this

Ad0131065

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Will Z4Root work? :confusedface

A guy already tried z4 and it didn't work. I'm sure there will be a method released in a few days. Maybe sooner

Sent from my DROIDX

cwright

Reaction score
Bump...

Just jumping on this thread to keep my eye's open for Root access. Just picked up the TB this morning...

Arachnidus

Reaction score
Now that it's out, I'm sure that we'll be seeing a root momentarily, likely within the next few days(3-4). The TBolt is so similar, software wise, to the Evo, Incredible and Desire that we should be enjoying all our Rommy goodness soon.