Rooting htc incredible (version 1)

P_bo

Reaction score
I've done a few things not on the stock version of this phone (swype, multiple free apps that usually cost money, whatever) but I'm having a lot of trouble rooting. None of the videos I've seen really seen to help and I was wondering if anybody had a solution that works...
Thanks in advance

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try the rooting tutorial that's linked in my signature. The videos are useless and obsolete at this point. My tutorial takes you step-by-step through the rooting process.

OP
P

P_bo

Reaction score
I'm really new to the forums, just started yesterday and that was my first post... If the signature on the forums is the same as other signatures (underneath body of message) then I can't seen to find yours... Sorry if this is an inconvenience. And Thank you.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No unfortunatley from your phone you can't see signatures. They are viewable from a PC.

Sent from my DROID2

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Ok sorry for the not very useful post but my service is terrible here. You can either go to the hacking section and under hacking help there are some very useful stickies with information about rooting etc.

Also if in this thread on your phone hit your menu button and click browser. It will then show this thread in your browser and then you can follow the link in the sig.

Hope this helps more than my last post!!

Sent from my DROID2

OP
P

P_bo

Reaction score
Alright I'll try both of those. Thank you very much!

Pmoser

Reaction score
I reccomend using a computer considering you need one to root anyway

Sent from my rooted Droid Increidble

OP
P

P_bo

Reaction score
I'll try later on. I did start using a computer (windows xp, I'm not sure if I can root our not on that) but I figured out somethings about installing drivers and other stuff
Thanks to all!