Rooting help

Maximus205

Reaction score
Just starting rooting my X with the guide below
Setup ADB on Windows (USB Driver v3 from SDK r7) - Droid X Support/General - AllDroid Public Board - Setup ADB on Windows (USB Driver v3 from SDK r7) - Droid X Support/General - AllDroid Public Board - AllDroid.org > Home
I made it all the way thru the process with no problems.
Now I started on the second step Here and #5 and 6 have me stomped. I keep getting the "is not recognized as an internal or external command message. Can some one help?
I have USB debugging checked,Tried in both Pc mode and Mass storage mode.
edit: Also when I go in cpu manager I see Android Composite ADB Interface. When I click on it the device status says " Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer.

OP
Maximus205

Maximus205

Reaction score
Now my computer wont recognize my phone when I connect with usb.

evildesign

Reaction score
What OS, and have you tried installed motorola tools for the droid x, and see if it picks it up?

OP
Maximus205

Maximus205

Reaction score
What OS, and have you tried installed motorola tools for the droid x, and see if it picks it up?
I'm good now. did it on the phone without adb installation. Now that I'm rooted what's the next step? I'm on the X by the way.

OP
Maximus205

Maximus205

Reaction score

evildesign

Reaction score

evildesign

Reaction score
So I still news bootstrap even though I did it with adb?

Did you already install the bootstrap and run it, or did you only root the phone and install su and stuff...?
Only rooted and added su and busybox.

Well before you actually go any farther, you might want to ask yourself if your okay if your brick your phone in some way or how if something screws up and aren't able to flash an sbf file on it. If so, you can either download the bootstrap and rom manager in the market, and be a nice easy simple install, or download the bootstrap from here and install it. My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)

If you install any roms or anything, and it screws up, just make sure you have a flash utility like RSD Lite if your on windows and the sbf file handy to reflash it, if you have to.

OP
Maximus205

Maximus205

Reaction score
Did you already install the bootstrap and run it, or did you only root the phone and install su and stuff...?

Well before you actually go any farther, you might want to ask yourself if your okay if your brick your phone in some way or how if something screws up and aren't able to flash an sbf file on it. If so, you can either download the bootstrap and rom manager in the market, and be a nice easy simple install, or download the bootstrap from here and install it. My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!)

If you install any roms or anything, and it screws up, just make sure you have a flash utility like RSD Lite if your on windows and the sbf file handy to reflash it, if you have to.
I'll take the easy route. I'm not that tech savvy.

evildesign

Reaction score

You are going to atleast need to get the sbf file from somewheree and RSD Lite, because you maybe it.

OP
Maximus205

Maximus205

Reaction score

You are going to atleast need to get the sbf file from somewheree and RSD Lite, because you maybe it.
Is there a step by step on here for that?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not sure how active this thread still is since it's been a while since anyone posted, but I moved it to the DroidX rooted section, to keep the stock section ONLY stock.