Rooting Help...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Foreverrr, May 4, 2010.

1. Foreverrr

Foreverrr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was just wondering if I root my Droid and overclock it, along with install a few different ROMS on it, will I be able to go back to stock for sure incase something happens?...my parents would kill me if something happend to it which the warrenty wouldn't cover..

Thanks! :D

I do have ONE more question and that is...what if i have two SD Cards, and i used one to root and the other one for stock...would that work? sorry i'm new to all of this..

2. virtualhuman

virtualhuman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only way to play it totally safe is not to root then. You could try being honest with them and explaining how you've done your research to minimize risks, but if you don't include them and something does go wrong, you've already said how they would react. :)

3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do a search on this topic, there are already many discussions about this. As for rooting, read a lot about it and go for it. Makes your phone amazing... just make sure you are ready to deal with a dead phone from time to time while trying to alter stuff. I can't tell you how many times my phone flat out croaked, but with SP recovery or Clockwork, its always possible to make it all better... yes you can unroot, search this.

PS: I pay for my phone so its my own problem if it messes up, however when I told my parents I was going to hack my phone and change everything on it etc.. they were worried. I explained that there is really nothing to worry about... read and learn a lot and nothing will go wrong. ROOT IT!

4. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The short answer is "yes", you can get back to stock. BUT know that there IS some risk that you can completely screw it up and not be able to fix it. The other members are right about doing a LOT of research first though...

5. Foreverrr

Foreverrr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a researched a little but it still seems kind of risky lol, i'll see