rooting galaxy s2 after carrier switch

sbuie34

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new. First post. Hope I'm in the right forum for this!

I have the white galaxy s2 from T-Mobile. Several weeks ago we switched to At&t. Kept my T-Mobile galaxy by getting an unlock code. What I'd like to know is... I'm wanting to root to get rid of bloatware. After reading a bit into rooting I'm finding there are different methods depending on carrier. I don't want to brick my phone. So I was wondering what would be the right one to use to root? Found a simple T-Mobile root. Since the phone is originally T-Mobile should I go with that root method? Hope this makes sense. I've looked around and can't find much of anything that's helping me. any tips or pointers would help and be appreciated. Thank you!

New to the whole rooting phone thing but I want this crap off my phone!!

OP
sbuie34

sbuie34

Reaction score
I want to root only to remove bloatware. Nothing else for now. Android user for years now. New to rooting but taking small steps.

OP
sbuie34

sbuie34

Reaction score
Thank you!! I'd looked at that site several times but didn't see that one. I'll definitely give that one a try. Thanks! I also did some looking around and saw people were saying it's better to just freeze bloatware rather than remove it. I may remove t-mobile specific stuff but everything else i will freeze. Will post the results, it'll probably be sometime tomorrow when I try the root. Thanks again :)

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you!! I'd looked at that site several times but didn't see that one. I'll definitely give that one a try. Thanks! I also did some looking around and saw people were saying it's better to just freeze bloatware rather than remove it. I may remove t-mobile specific stuff but everything else i will freeze. Will post the results, it'll probably be sometime tomorrow when I try the root. Thanks again :)

your welcome

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk