1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

rooting for dummies

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mrwright1983, Jul 10, 2010.

1. mrwright1983

mrwright1983 New Member

Is there way i root my moto droid from my phone, cause that would seem like that would be easiest way. CAN SOME PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

Yes you can root your phone from your phone but first you need to install an alternative boot-recovery application. To do so you need a windows PC and need to install a program called RSD Lite.

Read through post 13 in the first link in my signature. The 3rd link in my sig covers the various issues people have had with getting rsd lite to work, in case you have any.
  3. mrwright1983

mrwright1983 New Member

What happen if i don't have a computer please help
  4. christim

christim Super Moderator

Then you don't root. Someone somewhere must have a windows PC you can use if you don't have one. Some have tried to use a Mac and a Windows vm with varying degrees of success (I think). RSD Lite runs on windows. RSD Lite is needed.
  5. mrwright1983

mrwright1983 New Member

Cause all i really want to do is overclock my phone, so is there a way i can by pass rooting my phone so i can overclock, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

lol i think christim has made it pretty clear you NEED (require) a computer

so why do u keep asking how to do it without? and no you cant overclock without rooting - how do u not have access to one computer? go to the library man lol
  7. christim

christim Super Moderator

I was going to suggest the library, but then figured they probably have them locked down so you can't install RSD Lite on it. The same would be true of internet kiosks too.
Search tags for this page

c2916 rooting for dummies

phone rooting for dummies

rooting droid razr for dummies