Rooting Droid X2

newbroot83

Reaction score
I can probably help you. Who is your carrier and what's the problem?

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Tapatalk 4

Appalachian wireless. It never boots past the first m logo. I got my x working by using an ntelos sbf file but appalachian doesn't have any such files.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

newbroot83

Reaction score
It happened after rooting and installing bootstrap. Ran it as described and no luck. It immediately started this.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
first you have the Milestone X2 (MB867) [FONT=Titillium Web, sans-serif]so don't use rsd lite
the [/FONT]
ezSBF DX2 2.3.4 [FONT=Titillium Web, sans-serif] should be fine though, it will not touch the radio
[/FONT]

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
first you have the Milestone X2 (MB867) [FONT=Titillium Web, sans-serif]so don't use rsd lite
the [/FONT]
ezSBF DX2 2.3.4 [FONT=Titillium Web, sans-serif] should be fine though, it will not touch the radio
[/FONT]

^^^this

OP
Staceylt40

Staceylt40

Reaction score
I am not very happy with myself today. I wish now I had left it alone. My phone is acting stupid, won't stay connected to data, constantly drops calls, freezes, reboots itself for no apparent reason and is getting extrememly hot.

If I do a factory reset will it unroot me? Do I need to go back to stock and then factory reset? I would just prefer to go back. I need this phone to work for about a week longer and right now I am about to throw it across the room.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I am not very happy with myself today. I wish now I had left it alone. My phone is acting stupid, won't stay connected to data, constantly drops calls, freezes, reboots itself for no apparent reason and is getting extrememly hot.

If I do a factory reset will it unroot me? Do I need to go back to stock and then factory reset? I would just prefer to go back. I need this phone to work for about a week longer and right now I am about to throw it across the room.

sorry to hear you are having issues, thats not a normal occurrence.

yes, you have to flash back to stock and factory reset, to get rid of all the root files.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
correct factory reset alone, will not unroot, or undo things done with root access, sounds like you need to flash sbf

but you could try safemode first, if it works ok in safemode, it an app causing the problems
see link in my list
sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for Droid X2

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
root doesn't cause the issues she described, but as she stated " Not quite so laggy after I tweaked. Or I guess I did".
what people do with root, can defiantly cause issues like this. that's why its important to understand what you do with root apps, as they can modify things in bad ways as well as good.

OP
Staceylt40

Staceylt40

Reaction score
root doesn't cause the issues she described, but as she stated " Not quite so laggy after I tweaked. Or I guess I did".
what people do with root, can defiantly cause issues like this. that's why its important to understand what you do with root apps, as they can modify things in bad ways as well as good.

Oh I have no doubt that I caused it. I downloaded and installed Titanium (paid for it) Backup and VM Heap tool. The tweaking I did on VM Heap was change it from 32 heap size to 36. Rebooted. Nothing else has been downloaded or added. I tried putting it back to 32 and rebooting again. Seemed to have made it worse. Battery drain is horrendous. I mean like a complete charge is gone in 2 hours with little or no use. Something is definately wrong. Data will NOT stay connected no matter what I did. Its a constnt loop... connect, disconnect, connect......

Edit: I uninstalled the VM Heap and so far I am connected (3 minutes is a record for today). If that was the culprit, by uninstalling it should be gone now right?

Edit 2: Nope.. still will not stay connected. smh :(

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Oh I have no doubt that I caused it. I downloaded and installed Titanium (paid for it) Backup and VM Heap tool. The tweaking I did on VM Heap was change it from 32 heap size to 36. Rebooted. Nothing else has been downloaded or added. I tried putting it back to 32 and rebooting again. Seemed to have made it worse. Battery drain is horrendous. I mean like a complete charge is gone in 2 hours with little or no use. Something is definately wrong. Data will NOT stay connected no matter what I did. Its a constnt loop... connect, disconnect, connect......

Edit: I uninstalled the VM Heap and so far I am connected (3 minutes is a record for today). If that was the culprit, by uninstalling it should be gone now right?

i seriously doubt it was titanium, i have that but never use it, just wasnt a big fan.
yes, vm was likely the issue and uninstalling it will get rid of it. however, it is still possible there are damaged files left by it, that wont be fixed by an uninstall.

OP
Staceylt40

Staceylt40

Reaction score
i seriously doubt it was titanium, i have that but never use it, just wasnt a big fan.
yes, vm was likely the issue and uninstalling it will get rid of it. however, it is still possible there are damaged files left by it, that wont be fixed by an uninstall.

That's what I am afraid of. And to be honest, I don't have enough knowledge about these things so it will not hurt my feelings a bit to go back. Now the question is.... can I do it without screwing up anything else? :-\ I just gotta figure out how. lol

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
That's what I am afraid of. And to be honest, I don't have enough knowledge about these things so it will not hurt my feelings a bit to go back. Now the question is.... can I do it without screwing up anything else? :-\ I just gotta figure out how. lol

just do what you did before and you will be fine. read back through the thread if you need to, to refresh your memory.

OP
Staceylt40

Staceylt40

Reaction score
How do I know if its UNrooted? I did it and everything said successful. I rebooted it one more time for safe measure. but the Superuser icon is still there? Nothing in it, but its there. Does it mean I am still rooted? and at the top next to the wifi signal thing there is a white triangle.

OP
Staceylt40

Staceylt40

Reaction score
130806-201056.jpg

Not the best pic, but it shows the triangle. And I still have no idea if I am rooted or not. :blink:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
You SBF'd? Dial *228 to reactivate.

Download root checker free from Google play and run it. It will tell you if you are rooted.