Rooting droid x.

evltwn72

Reaction score
Thats good to here. I was just going by the posts.

It works just fine on 2.2.1 Remember if it seems like it's hung up, taking longer than a min or so, turn off the phone (maybe a quick battery pull). After rebooting, try rooting it again with z4root.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

detox

Reaction score
Thats good to here. I was just going by the posts.

It works just fine on 2.2.1 Remember if it seems like it's hung up, taking longer than a min or so, turn off the phone (maybe a quick battery pull). After rebooting, try rooting it again with z4root.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

True true. I've also heard of people having to reboot mutiple times but its always worked for me after the first reboot and I've used it about 10-15 times because I've had to sbf and have not had any issues with this. Hope all of this info helps.

detoXatappin on my X

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score
Okay so according to the program my device is rooted, but I cant remove some applications I want to remove from my phone, like blockbuster and stuff like that...

detox

Reaction score
Okay so according to the program my device is rooted, but I cant remove some applications I want to remove from my phone, like blockbuster and stuff like that...

Custom roms remove alot of that bloatware but you can also install titanium backup and freeze the apps you don't want and if another update rolls out you can unfreeze them because you will need all of the bloatware Verizon has installed in order to receive ota updates

detoXatappin on my X

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score
so what the heck is the point of rooting ur phone lol? Isnt it supposed to give you access to be able to do this stuff?

evltwn72

Reaction score

Unfortunately I'm going to have to let someone else help you with that. I have kept my DX running stock software with root. I really don't care about some of these apps that are pre-installed on the phone. I don't use the stock home launcher anyways, Launcher Pro is tops for me. I really just want to be able to wireless tether my laptop. You can run into problems when you start removing somethings from the phone. You might want to look into the ROMs that are being built by the Dev's that post on this forum. Good luck.

detox

Reaction score
so what the heck is the point of rooting ur phone lol? Isnt it supposed to give you access to be able to do this stuff?

You can delete them using a file manager but before you delete them I would suggest doing a nandroid backup. You will need to install Droid x bootstrapper from the market. Open the app and select bootstrap recovery. It will say success. Then click reboot recovery. This will get you to clockwork recovery. Using the volume buttons to scroll up and down, camera button to select, and the power button to go back select backup and restore. Select backup. Select yes. This will create a nandroid backup. Once backup is finished select reboot. Phone will reboot. After reboot proceed to delete bloatware you want removed. Just be careful what you delete

detoXatappin on my X

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score

Unfortunately I'm going to have to let someone else help you with that. I have kept my DX running stock software with root. I really don't care about some of these apps that are pre-installed on the phone. I don't use the stock home launcher anyways, Launcher Pro is tops for me. I really just want to be able to wireless tether my laptop. You can run into problems when you start removing somethings from the phone. You might want to look into the ROMs that are being built by the Dev's that post on this forum. Good luck.

So your device is rooted, and only thing u use is tethering?

detox

Reaction score
Like evltwn said, I would suggest looking into a custom rom. Do your research and see which one suits you best. There are alot of things you can do with root access. Too much for me to go into detail. You can find all the info you need on the forums and with google. I'll be going to bed so help tonight may be limited. Use you resources and ask questions. Its better to ask than to just go into it blind.

detoXatappin on my X

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score
Like evltwn said, I would suggest looking into a custom rom. Do your research and see which one suits you best. There are alot of things you can do with root access. Too much for me to go into detail. You can find all the info you need on the forums and with google. I'll be going to bed so help tonight may be limited. Use you resources and ask questions. Its better to ask than to just go into it blind.

detoXatappin on my X

Well remove some programs was all I was really wanting to do but if it makes it harder to do an upgrade with those programs gone then I dont want to run into that. I can just deal with it. I really dont know what else there is to do with it rooted, nor can I think of anything I want to do with the phone other then what I do with it already. Long term BlackBerry user here so just trying to get the jist of things with the droids.

detox

Reaction score

detoXatappin on my X

Well remove some programs was all I was really wanting to do but if it makes it harder to do an upgrade with those programs gone then I dont want to run into that. I can just deal with it. I really dont know what else there is to do with it rooted, nor can I think of anything I want to do with the phone other then what I do with it already. Long term BlackBerry user here so just trying to get the jist of things with the droids.

Running roms is pretty much why I rooted. Better battery life. Faster speeds. Bloatware removal. More free memory. And if you ever need to do an ota update you can always restore the nandroid backup you created and you can get the ota no problem. I was a blackberry user as well and after android I'll never go back.

There are many threads for installing roms and I hope everything works out for you. Take your time and don't rush into anything if you're not sure

detoXatappin on my X