Rooting Droid R2D2

Huskerman

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this is not the correct place to post this.

I am wanting to root my Motorola Droid R2D2. My concern is that if I do this I will loose the Star Wars stuff that it came with. For example the Rebels & Galatic Empire logos for the unlock and silent sliders.

Will rooting remove this stuff or is it something I can add after I root, or is there a special rom to get that stuff on there?

Thanks

Bilgediver

Reaction score
No, all rooting is, is like logging into in Administrator account in Windows. It gives you permission to see and modify just about any file on your device.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

havens1515

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this is not the correct place to post this.

I am wanting to root my Motorola Droid R2D2. My concern is that if I do this I will loose the Star Wars stuff that it came with. For example the Rebels & Galatic Empire logos for the unlock and silent sliders.

Will rooting remove this stuff or is it something I can add after I root, or is there a special rom to get that stuff on there?

Thanks

rooting will not get rid of that stuff, buy if you flash a new ROM, the ROM will get rid of it. (unless it is built into the ROM, and I don't know if there are any that have that stuff built in)