1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting droid 2

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by K2thei, Jan 30, 2011.

1. K2thei

K2thei New Member

I just recently got my droid 2 and I want to root it. Can some one please give me step by step directions on how to do so and maybe give me some good rom ideas. I mainly want a battery saver rom if they exist, once again I'm new to this. I came over from blackberry and knew how to hack and play around with it, but the droid seems a little more difficult. Thank you to whomever helps with this process.

P.S. My PC doesn't work all that great so I'd there's a way around doing it without using a comp let me know! Much appreciated!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  2. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Just do a search for Z4root, it works great on the D2! ROMs mainly come down to preference honestly. You can also dl'd SetCPU or Droid Overclock from the market and set a "Screen Off" profile with a lower speed to help battery life :)
    You will also need the Droid 2 Bootstrapper by Koush which can be found in the market.

DroidForums Junkie!!
  3. dbst

dbst New Member