1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting droid 2 global

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by carfreek24, Jul 13, 2011.

1. carfreek24

carfreek24 New Member

I would like to learn how to root and update my droid 2 global if someone canhelp me please id appreciate it
  2. wildbill86

wildbill86 New Member

Rooting is easy, just download z4root from intrtnrt or amazon markedpt, make sureusb degugging is turnes on, and press root. What do you mean update?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  3. carfreek24

carfreek24 New Member

Isnt there a way to update the rom once u root it im new to it I have just been reading about it
  4. wildbill86

wildbill86 New Member

After rooting you must download droid 2 bootstrapper either from market or the internet. This will install clockworkmod recovery on your device. Download whatever rom you want and leave it as a .zip on your sd. I had to leave it in a folder to find it in clockworkmod. Some roms reccomend you completely sbf your device first then root and install the rom. I rooted, made a stock nandroid backup, sbf'd, re-rooted, bootstrapped and installed hexen, and am lovin it.

5. wildbill86

wildbill86 New Member

Note, like i said. Be sure to make a nandroid backup in clockworkmod recovery before sbfing or installing the rom, so you can return to stock if you want. And also before installing rom on cwm, wipe cache, and factory data reset before installing the .zip rom.

6. carfreek24

carfreek24 New Member

Where can I find the roms at

7. wildbill86

wildbill86 New Member

Go to the droid 2 global roms sections for the forum site, and there are linds there. I think there are only 3 functional ones, i use hexen, thaea is an angel rom, and a fenom i think. I'm not sure, they are working on a cyanogenmod one too. Not sure if bugs are out yet. The thread for hexen has all the links for rsd lite i think, and maybe the 2.433 sbf file that should be ran prior to install. Make sure you have updated drivers from moto website as well. 5.0 i think. Then download the hexen.zip. root, bootstrap, make backup, then follow all steps tp sbf in the droid 2 global hacks forums in the sticky section. Sbfing works best on windows XP i think, its what i still use. Pm me if you need any more help. My responses might not be too fast, but most answers can be answered just by searching these forums.

Search tags for this page

how to root droid 2 global

root motorola droid 2 global