rooting droid 1 frg83, finally got it

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by rompage, Jan 26, 2011.

1. rompage

rompage New Member

I just got a warranty replacement d1 n had a hell of a time rooting, took me all night. Usually I just flash sprecovery to the bootloader and run update.zip with busybox n superuser. This phone wouldnt take the flash from sprecovery and couldnt even see the phone unless i had an old rsdlite version (4.5.3 i think).

I tried all night with ADB shell (when I gave up on the RSDlite) and still nothing. This am I woke up late for work and somehow knew exactly what I needed to fix....I renamed "androidsdk-windows" to "AndroidSDK" and ran souperroot and failed, ran it again and woohoo...busybox installed.

Whats the deal with this? I found very little support for rooting this build with a google search but I did find ppl that said they had no trouble.

BTW I tried on two computers, one xp and one vista.....both have rooted phones before using the same software. Anyway I posted this because I couldnt find the information anywhere else, so heres how i did it.

Rooting the Droid without rsd lite up to and including FRG83D - Android Forums
  2. fourthe

fourthe New Member

I was able to root mine with the same build except I used the superoneclick app. It took like two tries but I got It working.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. Spencer_Moore

Spencer_Moore New Member

I just flashed the sprecovery.sbf on the insurance replacement I just got and flashed in like 10 minutes. What do you think happened with that?
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Well, it could be that you didn't do that good of a search job like you thought.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-1-regardless-os-version-140.html#post1232141
  5. rompage

rompage New Member

I worked off that thread for a long time. Maybe my answer is in there somewhere but 103 pages is brutal.

Now im having more trouble. Now it can't flash the one thats going back to verizon (to unroot). Same thing, some ini failure, but this phone was rooted using RSDlite 4.5.3, this same software on this same computer.

I have reinstalled the drivers and every version of rdslite, still doesnt see it at all...just 4.5.3. I am going to try uninstalling everything Motorola rebooting the puter, and reinstalling it all. I'm open to any other ideas in the meantime.