Rooting Charge On Mac OSX - Help

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by ShaneCroughan, Sep 9, 2011.

1. ShaneCroughan

ShaneCroughan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,
    So I'd hate to be a broken record if this is posted somewhere, but I have been searching all over for a way to root my Charge through MAC Ver 10.6.8. I can't find anything anywhere. I don't have access to a PC, nor do I have a version of windows to partition onto my drive. I'd say I'm familiar with rooting considering I rooted my Thunderbolt, but I kind of forgot how I did it lol. Someone actually helped me via Skype actually. Anyways, I would love to root this Charge of mine, so if you guys know a way, please help. I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, I'm still somewhat newbish to this. Thanks guys!!!!!!!

P.s. I have the EE4 version I believe...

2. ShaneCroughan

ShaneCroughan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump. Really? No one??

3. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    i have seen a couple people working on things but nothing i am confident in suggesting at this point sorry.
    i have a friend on the other forum who flashes her phone plenty but she uses a friends pc because she isnt confident in whats available.
    she is going to put windoze on her mac soon, thats really the most reliable option at this point that im aware of, sorry.

4. ShaneCroughan

ShaneCroughan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well thank you for responding at least. No one else seems to want to lol. *High Five*

5. gcastilloo

gcastilloo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would never attempt it. I still keep my Windows laptop around for things like this. I can see why they wouldn't answer. They don't want to give you bad info or speak on something they don't know. Makes more sense than steering you in the wrong direction.

6. rj57

rj57 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is heimdall that you can use to flash Imnuts' CWM. I have used it on Ubuntu with no problems. It's a little bit more than using Odin3 but not bad.

The link below has a good guide for using heimdall.

http://goo.gl/huYNk

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  7. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    no problem :)
    as previously stated, i didnt want to give info i wasnt confident in.... sorry i couldnt be of more help..

8. da2zoe

da2zoe DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +49
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S5
    Hiya Shane. I'm the friend Bwen mentioned...I have and love my Mac. :) Imo, Heimdall is not a straight forward process such as Odin and wading through the post s/he linked is rather tedious. I've been over it several times as well as other sites. I tried using it a couple of times and was never successful. The process breaks down some of the file packages and it's easy to get messed up whereas Odin just recognizes the md5 file and you don't have to extract deeper into the package to find individual files. I'm glad jr57 and other have been able to use Heimdall...but I don't want the headache of trying to figure out where the process went wrong.

If you want to give it a try, I strongly recommend you really research the process and be very comfortable using Mac. Read the initial post very carefully as there are specific Mac OS X issues with Heimdall. Linux, Ubuntu and Windows do not. If something goes wrong (as it did for me) you have to fix it with Odin. I am an experienced and long time Mac user and hack my Charge regularly (hacked my Fassy, too) but I don't believe Heimdall is a smooth process. That's my 2 cents worth.

You can also check out this forum's sister site: Droid Charge Forum

9. IamGov

IamGov Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just went through this last week. Heimdall is very sketchy on new Mac OS. The new release is attempting a more user friendly interface, but I believe sacrificed dependability. You could always down the programs and use a PCB at work, school, library.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

10. junebugapril

junebugapril New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since this was from months ago, has anyone found a way to root a Samsung Droid Charge using a Mac?
    Thanks!

11. ShaneCroughan

ShaneCroughan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha.. so here I am, over a year later, looking for a way to root my Charge and I found this forum. I'm reading through it and I'm like, "Oh cool, this sounds just like my issue!". Then I realize a few moments later that ITS MY OLD POST hahahahaha... Geez I'm retarded.

and there still seems to be no way to root my phone via MAC damn it!

12. chargegal

chargegal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Touche! Mac user still stuck with Droid Charge

Did you ever find a way? My windows laptop is so old I don't think it would handle the process! May take even longer to charge up the old laptop than this old phone!

Search tags for this page
heimdall mac 10.6.8 download galaxy s3
heimdall with droid bionic
how to root a samsung charge with a mac
how to root droid charge mac
how to root droid charge with mac
odin for mac

root droid charge mac

root samsung charge mac
root samsung droid charge with mac
samsung odin for mac osx 10.6.8