Rooting and Unrooting Questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hyphy, May 13, 2010.

1. hyphy

hyphy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so I plan on finally rooting my 2.1 Droid. I have contemplated it for a while, but I really want to do it for the Roms. I can't stand the Open Home force closes, and the way it has been lagging my phone. Here are my questions.

1. - This seems to be the simplest way to root a 2.1 Droid. Is it?

Guide to Rooting Android 2.1 on a Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

2. - If I do root the phone, is there a way to complete revert back to stock 2.1? If so, how do I do this? This is my biggest concern, if for any reason I need to go back to complete stock (100% "unromed" without a trace) is it possible? (Also, I don't mind an OTA update w/ some sort of Factory Restore)

I searched for this, and I really do apologize if this has been clarified somewhere else.

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. korp

korp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1. The easiest way is actually to use one of the launchers created that does everything for you ..... but that method you listed is similar to what most of us did and a recommended way to do it. I would actually use a guide on this forum though because I cannot vouch for that guide (other than a quick look) but the ones on here work and are EASY. Plus people on here will help you through the process.

2. Yes, there are guides on this forum on how to revert back to stock as well. Unrooting is just as easy as rooting the phone.

Droid Hacks - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Look at the sticky threads and your information needed is right in there. Make sure you use the 2.1 SP Recovery SBF and not the 2.0.1 version ... again look at the stickies.

3. hyphy

hyphy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
Search tags for this page

rooting and unrooting