Rooting and phone warranty

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by jen7724, Sep 24, 2010.

1. jen7724

jen7724 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey y'all!

I am wanting to root my phone so bad (mainly to install custom themes) and have one final question before I take the plunge. I have read and read until my eyes go crossed and I don't remember seeing this specific question so don't shoot me if I missed it somewhere.

If rooting voids the warranty on your phone, and if you can unroot, then why wouldn't you just unroot your phone if you had a problem and then use your warranty?

My warranty I guess is my main hold up for not rooting yet. Sorry in advance for the dumb question.

2. cjacks

cjacks New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The main concern would be that you would "brick" your phone, making it impossible to revert to a stock image. If you are careful this won't be a problem. The simplest thing to do would be to purchase insurance (a good idea anyway) and if your phone bricks then just hit it with a brick and you can get a new one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. jen7724

jen7724 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, ok, thank you! I already have insurance actually, I didn't even think about insurance taking care of it if something happened. Thank you so much for the info! I guess I'll sleep on my rooting decision for one more night before I do anything drastic. (It's a scary thing for a newbie).

Search tags for this page

does rooting a saumsung invalidate the warranty