Rooting and phone warranty

jen7724

Reaction score
Hey y'all!

I am wanting to root my phone so bad (mainly to install custom themes) and have one final question before I take the plunge. I have read and read until my eyes go crossed and I don't remember seeing this specific question so don't shoot me if I missed it somewhere.

If rooting voids the warranty on your phone, and if you can unroot, then why wouldn't you just unroot your phone if you had a problem and then use your warranty?

My warranty I guess is my main hold up for not rooting yet. Sorry in advance for the dumb question.

cjacks

Reaction score
The main concern would be that you would "brick" your phone, making it impossible to revert to a stock image. If you are careful this won't be a problem. The simplest thing to do would be to purchase insurance (a good idea anyway) and if your phone bricks then just hit it with a brick and you can get a new one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
jen7724

jen7724

Reaction score
Lol, ok, thank you! I already have insurance actually, I didn't even think about insurance taking care of it if something happened. Thank you so much for the info! I guess I'll sleep on my rooting decision for one more night before I do anything drastic. (It's a scary thing for a newbie).