1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting and hacking a G1?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ICANSEEYOU7687, Jul 24, 2010.

1. ICANSEEYOU7687

ICANSEEYOU7687 New Member

Well first off I have a droid and love it.

But I was thinking of trying to convince my buddy to let me put 2.1 (or even 2.2 if its out yet) on his phone.

After some google searching, I found a lot of news articles and even some downloads for the G1 and roms. But I would really like to see some sort of community.

Theres just something about having users post something, and then seeing peoples responses

"I love it, I hate it, Im having this problem, im having that problem"

It seems a lot more helpful to me then just seeing some news article with a download link.

So I was curious if anyone knew some forums or community that had a good G1 participation in it (even though its an old phone. I always trust the opinions of people from droidforums! and i dont think ill ever leave
  2. Atst44

Atst44 New Member

Great G1 community

You should try XDA Developers or Cyanogenmod.
    (Google those)
    XDA is great for any HTC phone (G1).
    Cyanogen is a great Area and very well know, as well.
  3. ICANSEEYOU7687

ICANSEEYOU7687 New Member

Woo thanks I kinda ignored the xda stuff because I didn't think that was what I needed. But it turns out it was exactly that.

I havr 2.2 running on my friends g1 flawlessly thanks!