Rooting and firmware questions..new!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by baseballfan5566, Jun 13, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. baseballfan5566

baseballfan5566 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, So i got the phone(moto droid) brand new off of someone on craigslist the other day for 200$ so I don't know much about the phone. My brother told me I could root it so I have been looking into it, and On youtube someone did a vid on how to root, and he had firmware 2.0.1 and I looked at mine and I have 2.1 already. Is that the newest? Can I root my phone and still get a different rom and make it as fast as my brothers incredible?
    Thanks
  2. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Check this guide:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

I'm not recommending this, but it is also an option:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...royo-step-step-installation-2.html#post528613

Read up on stuff in the hacks section and look for kernels u wanna try out. Live in the Custom ROMs and Android ROMs sections. Live in the Droid Hacking section.

The newest is 2.2, but its not officially out yet. Its in beta right now. I recommend playing with rooted 2.1 for awhile before trying 2.2. To me (and most ppl that tried it) 2.2 is faster than 2.1, but its beta. The decision is yours. Thats why I say play with rooted 2.1 first. U wont know what to compare 2.2 to.

If u do decide to go with 2.2 after rooting 2.1, its real simple to install. U basically just download it, put it on the sd card, and install it.

Get Launcher Pro Beta or ADW for fast home screen scrolling.

Get SetCPU to overclock the overclock kernels.
Search tags for this page

droid 855 firmware

how to put new custom firmware for droid a855
how to reinstall firmware a855
latest rooted droid box firmware
pendo root 2.2

stock a855 firmware