1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting and Activation, Will They Know?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DroidWolfen, May 9, 2010.

1. DroidWolfen

DroidWolfen New Member

I'm interested in rooting my Droid but I noticed you have to re-activate the phone once that's done. All I want to know is can this be done over a phone(Will they give me some kind of code?) or will I have to go to the store, let them do it, have them realize I rooted it and make a note that I breached my warranty on the phone so I would need to go somewhere or call a line if I needed help if there was a problem(Which I'm sure I wouldn't just like to be safe)?

I really don't care about there warranty support but if I can do this without them knowing that would be ideal.
  2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

You reactivate by dialing *228 option 1, they will not know.
  3. DroidWolfen

DroidWolfen New Member

Thanks man I figured it went something like that. Only reason I might hold back is all the apps I've downloaded and what not. Is there an easy way to back that stuff up(Copy to my PC or something) and just load it back on once it's rooted? I know how to explore it via USB from my PC I'm just not sure if the apps need to completely be re-installed.
  4. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

You have to use a file explorer like astro, or estrong's, to back them up, it will not back up data though. Some apps come back on their own, sometime's all of them do, but not always. Paid apps do though.
  5. peterjariel

peterjariel New Member

U can root ur phone first then download an app called titanium backup and it backs up all ur apps then u can wipe data and cache and install the rom
  6. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Oh yeah that's an option too.
  7. DroidWolfen

DroidWolfen New Member

It sounds like in a day or so I may do this I'm just getting all the info before I go ahead. One last question, what about my contacts? Will I have to reprogram them? They transferred them off my old phone and locked it, so this is the only record of them I have. Not like I couldn't enter them back in but it would be a slight pain.
  8. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

As long as you're sync'd with your gmail, before you flash a rom, once you sign back into your google account, they all come back.
Search tags for this page

a855 gps mod

how do i hack my a855
motorola a855 free hack codes

motorola droid a855 activation hack