1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooting an unactivated phone

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by datavirtue, Apr 20, 2011.

1. datavirtue

datavirtue New Member

I have a Verizon HTC Eris that is not activated. I do not ever want to activate it. I bought it off eBay from someone who got a new phone. I want to flash this with a new Droid OS that will let me use wifi. How do I do this?

Everything I have seen describes downloading an app and ..... well, I can't download anything on it, can't look at the settings. I DO know how to get it into HBOOT mode. That is about it. In other words, all the rooting how-to's are for activated phones.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

what can you do already on your phone? can you connect to the internet with wifi?
  3. Disposibleteen

Disposibleteen New Member

Unless there is something wrong with the phone you should be able to log into a google account on the phone and access the internet via wifi. I have 2 Moto Droids one rooted and the other not and they both have the ability to do this.
  4. datavirtue

datavirtue New Member

Got it

I figured out how to get past the activation screen and get to the regular portion of the OS. I got it rooted unrevoked, despite incorrect directions all over the net. But, the incorrect instructions finally got me. I tried to flash a new ROM, no dice. The flash didn't take and the NAND backup would not restore. Now sitting on a soft-brick. I can get the recovery up, but I have Clockwork 2.5 and for some reason the security deactivation from unrevoked didn't take.
Search tags for this page
activate unactivated android free app
can you root a deactivated phone

does phone have to be activated to root

free internet on unactivated phone
how can i hack an unactivated android
how to activate a fhone thats unactivated
how to flash an unactivated phone
how to get free internet on unactivated phone
how to get free wireless internet with an android unactivated unactivated

how to get internet on an unactivated phone

root a unactivated phone