Rooting an already 2.1 updated Eris ..

nochoicebuttoshoot

Reaction score
I just want to know if can root my Eris ("safely") even though I took the over the air 2.1 update ? :droideris:

Battousai

Reaction score
I also would like to know how... All the sites say the root is for 1.5 to 2.1, but can I do OTA 2.1 to rooted 2.1??

warren.bk

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, Eris already updated and i can't find any info on rooting a 2.1 eris.

OP
N

nochoicebuttoshoot

Reaction score
Thank you Christim . I'm gonna consider rooting . I am a tad conflicted . The main option I want is the ability to gain access to the net on my Comp VIA my phone.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you Christim . I'm gonna consider rooting . I am a tad conflicted . The main option I want is the ability to gain access to the net on my Comp VIA my phone.

There are wired options that let you do that without rooting so if you don't mind a cable connection you're good to go now already.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
May do this to the wifeys phone to attempt to remove stock apps that she doesn't use.

warren.bk

Reaction score

There are wired options that let you do that without rooting so if you don't mind a cable connection you're good to go now already.

Thanks Christim, went to the link and all seemed to go well even tested as rooted through the command prompt test, but still don't seem to have actual root access. Any thoughts or suggestions? I did notice during the image load phone said something along the lines of corrupt image. Again, thanks for your help so far.

warren.bk

Reaction score
hboot 1.47

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of hboot 1.47? I have an extra eris right now and I'm working on an easier way to root hboot 1.49.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of hboot 1.47? I have an extra eris right now and I'm working on an easier way to root hboot 1.49.
Are you sure you can switch bootloaders?