Rooting a new Droid MAXX @ Verizon

skifreak

Reaction score
I am considering buying the MAXX mainly because of the battery life. I currently have the Bionic and it lags all the time. What I want to do is be able to root it mainly so I can install Titanium backup before I start using the phone. I have never rooted any phone so if anyone can tell me or point me to the right link to do this, I would appreciate it. It will be the newest one on the Verizon site.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just so you know, you posted in the Droid RAZR MAXX thread. It its a completely different phone than the new Droid MAXX. There is a separate thread for the new Ultra and MAXX.

OP
S

skifreak

Reaction score
Just so you know, you posted in the Droid RAZR MAXX thread. It its a completely different phone than the new Droid MAXX. There is a separate thread for the new Ultra and MAXX.

my bad, moving

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
my bad, moving

Its all good...easy to get mixed up sometimes...too many phones with the word MAXX in the name. Just wanted to let you know.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
You know, I'm wondering why there's no re-direct forum here. I realize RAZR has been dropped from the name of the DROID ULTRA and DROID MAXX but aren't these new phones virtually the same concept? Aside from the lack of RAZR in the name of the phones, don't these phones look and feel like the rest of the RAZR family? Just trying to help those out looking for support for their new phones.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You know, I'm wondering why there's no re-direct forum here. I realize RAZR has been dropped from the name of the DROID ULTRA and DROID MAXX but aren't these new phones virtually the same concept? Aside from the lack of RAZR in the name of the phones, don't these phones look and feel like the rest of the RAZR family? Just trying to help those out looking for support for their new phones.

I don't think the new Droids (Ultra & MAXX) are much like the RAZR line. They might have a similar shape, but seem to be pretty different IMHO.