Rooting 2.3.340 through terminal

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Actually figured it out, thanks. Only thing is I failed to load busybox in using the emulator because it was optional, but I noticed I need it now for titanium backup to work... Know the coding for this?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Install busybox installer from the market.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
I couldn't get z4root to work on my X either, but the manual route worked like a charm...

Same here, man. My next move is losing the bloatware but I'm unsure which to uninstall/keep.

Which ROMs are more battery efficient? Next move..

OP
tatuud

tatuud

Reaction score
I couldn't get z4root to work on my X either, but the manual route worked like a charm...

Same here, man. My next move is losing the bloatware but I'm unsure which to uninstall/keep.

Which ROMs are more battery efficient? Next move..

if you decide to install a rom, most of the blur is removed for you. if you decide not to use a rom than i wouldn't remove any bloat, just rename it. the effect is the same, you don't see it but you can name it back should you ever need it for the next OTA. by the way Fab, Drod, Jrummy, Kejar, Darkslide all of have really good roms out for the OTA (340). i would suggest reading their threads as this will give you the best picture of what to expect from the rom. good luck

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
if you decide to install a rom, most of the blur is removed for you. if you decide not to use a rom than i wouldn't remove any bloat, just rename it. the effect is the same, you don't see it but you can name it back should you ever need it for the next OTA. by the way Fab, Drod, Jrummy, Kejar, Darkslide all of have really good roms out for the OTA (340). i would suggest reading their threads as this will give you the best picture of what to expect from the rom. good luck

That sounds like a much easier and safer route.. Do I rename apps using my pc? Can't seem to edit files using Astro.

OP
tatuud

tatuud

Reaction score

That sounds like a much easier and safer route.. Do I rename apps using my pc? Can't seem to edit files using Astro.

yes it's much safer and easier. i would purchase Root Explorer by speed software. it's like 5-6 bucks but worth every penny. you can rename apps, move them, create files and even zip up files all through your phone. give it a try you will not regret that purchase.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I thought root explorer was $3?

Titanium Backup will "freeze" any apps you don't want, then you can unfreeze (thaw?) them out for the next update, assuming you're not on a ROM.

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Im not sure what files exactly to rename, nor do I even know where they are located.. I'm Uninstalling root explorer..

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Installed/bought titanium backup. Great app.