Rooted!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ecsnead69, May 10, 2010.

1. ecsnead69

ecsnead69 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    As of 11:45 I am rooted!! :icon_ banana: Unfortunately I will spend a few dollars to make up for a brain fart.... I didn't backup my paid apps before the root.... by the way, how do you backup Beautiful Widgets??

So, I am running 2.1 rooted (from Pete) and have reloaded Helix1. I plan on sticking with that for a while till I get use to the new abilities that I have with the phone. Before I start getting my apps back I would like some advice or maybe reviews would be a better term.

What should I get??? I am looking to get the best "work" apps I can, things like root explorer, titanium backup, apps of that nature. Can you guys help me out???? I really don't want to get a bunch of apps that do a little of what one certain app will do all of.... I am looking to backup my system, apps, and have as much control as I can with as few apps as possible....

Also, feel free to recommend any "can't live without apps" that you have. I am basically starting from scratch and have plenty of time to get the phone like I want it.

Another big question, are there any kernels that can be used with Pete's 2.1 stock root? I would also like to do some OCing as well.....

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you guys can offer, this forum is great and in info is always great...

One more thing, I rooted using Kellex's vid on Droid-Life and it went smooth as butter!!!!!!!

2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +30
    just off the bat, you shouldnt have to rebuy apps on the market - just sign into your google acct and they will be there

as for roms, pete has always been a goto rom for me

for top apps, just search teh forum

doesnt it say you shouldnt OC BB1.1? i might be mistaken

3. ecsnead69

ecsnead69 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Where? How do I go about getting them reinstalled? Thanks for the help!

4. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel Silver Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Go to the market and click the menu and go to downloads, all your apps, paid and unpaid should still be listed. You will not to re-buy anything.

5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah if you go to the market > menu > downloads you will see all the apps you have downloaded listed. The ones you have purchased will say in red "purchased". Just click on that one and you install. You will not be recharged for the app. The free ones you will also have to reinstall. Its no biggie just time consuming to get them all set up again.