Rooted!!!!

Sbeck

Reaction score
I just Rooted using Z4root and everything went flawlessly. I used titanium backup pro and backed everything up and droid x bootstrap recovery and backed up the rom. The only thing I've done so far is used the wireless tether but it seemed to work fine. I know I can load custom roms now, but what else can I do now that I'm rooted??????

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
Big thanks to Khenny5 for his guide to rooting. You Da Man! Your steps were dead on!!!

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
Come on guys & girls tell me some more fun for the rooted X!!!

Sent from my DROIDX

Reaction score
There is a mobile hotspot patch over at MyDroidWorld you might want to check out. Jrummy released an overclock app also. If you're into custom Roms, I would suggest the Liberty Rom. That's what I'm running and I love it. Might also want to check out Shootme in the market to take screenshots. And if you're an advanced user, I would suggest purchasing Root Explorer to manage through phone files... Might not be useful now but I promise at one point it will be.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
Tell me what the mobile hotspot patch does????

Sent from my DROIDX

KHeeney5

Reaction score
The link in my signature shows how to install a custom ROM. If you like certain features of Blur, ApeX is for you. You can have all AOSP stock Android, or some Blur. With ApeX YOU get to choose what you want. For instance. I use AOSP stock Android Messaging, Email, and I use the Blur Gallery (FOR HDMI!), and the Blur Camera for full functionality. It's great.

Again, link is in my signature. Once you root, you can ROM, you can theme, you can run rooted apps. Good job making the back up! You may need it later. ;D