Rooted

carlitos_SoCal

Reaction score
Hello ppl.. I was rooted but not any more due to update..I rotted through the computer and installed drivers...
My question is should I unroot and then try z4 app.. or just root the phone right away thx..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello ppl.. I was rooted but not any more due to update..I rotted through the computer and installed drivers...
My question is should I unroot and then try z4 app.. or just root the phone right away thx..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

If you are not rooted it is going to be impossible to unroot. I've been in that state where I've got root files on the system but not being rooted I have no way to remove them. You can try the app, and if it doesn't work you may have to try others. I did the same as you with an LG Ally. Rooted, updated, got stuck, unrooted failed and trying to root told me I already was...except I wasn't. I forget which method finally worked for me but I just lined them up and starting trying them all until one won.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Z4root will fail if super user is present in your system/apps

The easiest solution imo is to use the multiple phones link in my sig

tappin and a talkin

Devlin85

Reaction score
I had this exact same problem, its actually quite easy to fix (after you find the right tools)

Check out My Post for the answer

Last edited: