Rooted? ??

Doodles01

Reaction score
Is there another way to know my phone is rooted? I see the dark scary looking dude & it says "superuser permissions" at the top left of screen.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

Get an app in Market that is root friendly, start it up and if it asks for permission you are rooted.

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.

OP
D

Doodles01

Reaction score
Thanx - I downloaded titanium free version and was going to try it. It told me it could not get root or that I needed to add busybox. That said I guess I should maybe try another app to be sure. Is there a b/u you would recommend?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

Doodles01

Reaction score
I recently got a download of 2.3.340. Could that have undone my root?

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
In Titanium Backup: There's an option that will install busybox for you. This will fix that problem.

I know this because I ran into the same problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, like the above states, let TBU install an updated busybox for you.

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.

jawonder

Reaction score
Your not rooted

I recently got a download of 2.3.340. Could that have undone my root?

You lost root after the update so you have to reroot , use z4root ,you can search for it in your phones browers or go to xda developers site. If your phone is rooted after using z4root you'll see two choices inside of z4root : reroot or unroot. Also z4root might instruct you to download busybox from the market that's if it can't install it , and sometimes with z4root you have to try a few times to get root.

OP
D

Doodles01

Reaction score
I went out and got z4root ran it and it said I was rooted. Tried Titanium again - no go. Tried to install BusyBox. It says I am either not nand unlocked or we were unable to remount.??

jawonder

Reaction score
I went out and got z4root ran it and it said I was rooted. Tried Titanium again - no go. Tried to install BusyBox. It says I am either not nand unlocked or we were unable to remount.??

If you are using the paid version of Titanium you have to make sure you have the free version installed also for it to work , the free version unlocks the paid version and if you are using the free version only it can't do some of the major stuff the paid version does so make sure they are both installed .

OP
D

Doodles01

Reaction score
I guess I am going to have to break down and buy the full version. I am still not able to get wireless tether to work either although it recognizes that I am rooted. I am pretty new to this so I will keep hacking away. Thanks 4 ur patience & help.

OP
D

Doodles01

Reaction score
Jawonder- I don't know what happened but busybox is working, wireless tether is working and I have yet to try tbu. I think it was like u said. Sometimes u need to keep trying z4 or at least give it time to fully complete which seems like it could take @ 5 minutes or more.

jawonder

Reaction score
Jawonder- I don't know what happened but busybox is working, wireless tether is working and I have yet to try tbu. I think it was like u said. Sometimes u need to keep trying z4 or at least give it time to fully complete which seems like it could take @ 5 minutes or more.

Ok keep at it , it will happen and them you'll start to enjoying what we all are .

jsw6380a

Reaction score
unroot reboot and try again.. If that doesn't work I would try uninstalling z4 and getting from another place. I got it from a link off of this forum. XDA developers. This should be a smooth process. Let me know what happens..