1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted....yet...not rooted???

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Character Zero, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Character Zero

Character Zero New Member

I installed BB 7.7 and everything went fine. Now when I try to run Root Explorer or SetCPU it tells me it can't access root. But in terminal emulator, if I type "su" it gives me the # just fine. I don't really have a nandroid backup that gets me anywhere. What can I do?
  2. jofficus

jofficus New Member

I had a similar issue with the 2.1 BB. Try going back to nandroid recovery menu, and reboot from there - that did the trick for me.

I still don't know why the SU permissions were messed up in the first place, but I hope this helps you!
  3. jrummy16

jrummy16 Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

What exactly does it say? Is it just asking for permissions again? When you install a rom it will ask for all the permissions again like when you first downloaded the app.
  4. Character Zero

Didn't work. I booted into recovery and then rebooted without doing anything there and no luck. Thanks though.
  5. Character Zero

It doesn't even ask for permissions, SetCPU has a message inquiring if apps have access to root. And Root Explorer just says that I need to restart it. But su works so I dunno.