1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted, Unrooted, want to re-root. Reset?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by whiterover97, Feb 2, 2010.

1. whiterover97

whiterover97 New Member

ok so i rooted my droid the other day following directions from a youtube video and they worked. i was able to root my phone and install the nexus one boot screen onto my droid but when i tried to update from 2.0.1 to 2.1 the .zip wouldnt take so i got frustrated and decided to unroot and just go back to stock. so i found directions to do that through google and i was able to unroot but the nexus one boot animation is still on there. i read somewhere that if i unrooted then i wouldnt be able to root again. is this true? if it is then i will be content waiting till 2.1 comes OTA. But if im able to reset everything back to normal an retry from the start to root can anyone help. i did a factory reset but i had ASTRO file manager backups that put the nexus one thing back on there. so if anyone understands what im trying to do and can help i would greatly appreciate it. thanks a ton.
  2. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

I can't help you with the boot screen, but however you came to think you can't reroot, that's false.

I rooted and romed my phone, installed it, unrooted then decided I wanted to try another rom so I did it all again.

You can reroot
Search tags for this page
can a phone be unrooted
can a phone be unrooted then rooted?
can a rooted cell phone be unrooted

can a rooted phone be unrooted

can a rooted tab be rooted again
can rooted phones be unrooted
if i factory reset my rooted android will it be unrooted
phone unrooted need to reroot
rooted phone vs unrooted
rooted unrooted how to reroot