Rooted, Unrooted, want to re-root. Reset?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by whiterover97, Feb 2, 2010.

1. whiterover97

whiterover97 New Member

ok so i rooted my droid the other day following directions from a youtube video and they worked. i was able to root my phone and install the nexus one boot screen onto my droid but when i tried to update from 2.0.1 to 2.1 the .zip wouldnt take so i got frustrated and decided to unroot and just go back to stock. so i found directions to do that through google and i was able to unroot but the nexus one boot animation is still on there. i read somewhere that if i unrooted then i wouldnt be able to root again. is this true? if it is then i will be content waiting till 2.1 comes OTA. But if im able to reset everything back to normal an retry from the start to root can anyone help. i did a factory reset but i had ASTRO file manager backups that put the nexus one thing back on there. so if anyone understands what im trying to do and can help i would greatly appreciate it. thanks a ton.
  2. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 New Member

I can't help you with the boot screen, but however you came to think you can't reroot, that's false.

I rooted and romed my phone, installed it, unrooted then decided I wanted to try another rom so I did it all again.

You can reroot
Search tags for this page
can a phone be unrooted
can a phone be unrooted then rooted?
can a rooted cell phone be unrooted

can a rooted phone be unrooted

can a rooted tab be rooted again
can rooted phones be unrooted
if i factory reset my rooted android will it be unrooted
phone unrooted need to reroot
rooted phone vs unrooted
rooted unrooted how to reroot