Rooted thunder bolt trying to update

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I rooted my phone, but i guess it tried to update itself because i didn't see the message that it was going to download the update. Now once it boots up it shuts down and tries to install the update. Is there anything I can do to remove the update off the phone through astro so it won't shut down and try to install it? I can get on the phone for about a minute or two before it tries to shut down and install it... any advice to not loosing data?

vzwcooter

Reaction score
Mine started to download the update too. I cancelled the update but curious what it might do if it does in fact update.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will more than likely break root if you're just stock and rooted. If you changed any system settings it will fail. You should be able.to boot up into refinery and clear cache to delete the update.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah that's what i ended up having to do was wipe the cache and cancel the update.

OP
New2u

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That only got me a fe extra days, I needed to upload a new Rom

Yeah that's where i'm stuck... the update won't actually go through so i have the choice of putting on a Rom or just putting it back to full stock, no big deal.