Rooted then unrooted - Quick question...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Womp, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Womp

Womp New Member

I rooted my Droid the other day, installed SPRecovery, then decided I simply didn't see anything that made me want to keep it rooted anymore and I guess I had a little bit of uncertainty and paranoia to go along with it for good measure. So I followed the directions in this thread to unroot it, everything worked great and the phone seems to be working as it did and before I rooted, however I noticed when I now go into my stock Android recovery down towards the middle bottom of the screen I have " E: cant find /cache/recovery/command " in yellow text.

I don't recall seeing this before, such as when I did the manual 2.01 update...Is it something I should be worried about?

Thanks.
  2. Womp

Womp New Member

Anyone? :greendroid:
  3. Enter

Enter New Member

I used to receive that error when I first rooted and it wouldn't allow me to root at all. I heard that it might be an app (forgot the name) but it saved text messages and a couple of other apps. I removed the app and downloaded update.zip again and it still gave me that message. Someone said they still got the message too and just ignored it, so I did the same. It installed this time and no problems since.
  4. Womp

Womp New Member

Yeah, rooting wasn't a problem - it took seconds and worked fine. It's only now that I unrooted and I boot the phone into the stock Android recovery that it shows that 'error' underneath the options in yellow text.

Otherwise the phone boots fine and seems to run fine...I guess I simply won't let it bother me given that.