1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted then unrooted - Quick question...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Womp, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Womp

Womp New Member

I rooted my Droid the other day, installed SPRecovery, then decided I simply didn't see anything that made me want to keep it rooted anymore and I guess I had a little bit of uncertainty and paranoia to go along with it for good measure. So I followed the directions in this thread to unroot it, everything worked great and the phone seems to be working as it did and before I rooted, however I noticed when I now go into my stock Android recovery down towards the middle bottom of the screen I have " E: cant find /cache/recovery/command " in yellow text.

I don't recall seeing this before, such as when I did the manual 2.01 update...Is it something I should be worried about?

Thanks.
  2. Womp

Womp New Member

Anyone? :greendroid:
  3. Enter

Enter New Member

I used to receive that error when I first rooted and it wouldn't allow me to root at all. I heard that it might be an app (forgot the name) but it saved text messages and a couple of other apps. I removed the app and downloaded update.zip again and it still gave me that message. Someone said they still got the message too and just ignored it, so I did the same. It installed this time and no problems since.
  4. Womp

Womp New Member

Yeah, rooting wasn't a problem - it took seconds and worked fine. It's only now that I unrooted and I boot the phone into the stock Android recovery that it shows that 'error' underneath the options in yellow text.

Otherwise the phone boots fine and seems to run fine...I guess I simply won't let it bother me given that.