Rooted Texas Droid owners

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are there any in here? I don't know a single person in Texas that has a rooted Droid besides myself of course.

kamisan

Reaction score
Kyle Tx rooted D1 checking in

Are there any in here? I don't know a single person in Texas that has a rooted Droid besides myself of course.

Theres a couple, me and my wife :-0

If your not from Texas then I am from Austin. Its like everyone in Washington state is from Seattle.

Running MIUI 1.1.22.1 P3 kernel 1.1 regular voltage. CW recovery, (lately have not had issues with it) Set CPU. Other than a bad USB port love my droid. (charging lite lites up, doesn't charge, voltage drops, unless I push in on the cable.... just right, phone geeks in san antonio blame it on the rooting.... idiots imho)

kamisan

Reaction score
just added another root to texas

While at a job site yesterday a coworker asked If I'd root his A855....
Shazaam! One more person soon to be rom swapping addicted! Started him with MIUI rom..
Also working on rooting a dropad A8/D10 Samsung 1ghz 512mb 4gb 7" with MID_Serials version of android.. So far no luck, it came half rooted (I could see most hidden folders except /data)

arcanus99

Reaction score
Dropad A8

Shazaam! One more person soon to be rom swapping addicted! Started him with MIUI rom..
Also working on rooting a dropad A8/D10 Samsung 1ghz 512mb 4gb 7" with MID_Serials version of android.. So far no luck, it came half rooted (I could see most hidden folders except /data)

How is that Dropad coming along? I have been thinking about getting one but I haven't been able to find much info on anybody's experience with rooting or custom roms.

kamisan

Reaction score
dropad

How is that Dropad coming along? I have been thinking about getting one but I haven't been able to find much info on anybody's experience with rooting or custom roms.

It took a while, got her rooted, updated firmware (made a huge differnce on annoying things like battery display being accurate etc.. Root let me mod a few things, no custom roms like miui or that and I am to lazy to learn to port yet .. Wifi receiver on the dropad is not the greatest but it works better since the root and update. depending on the model of dropad the firmware changes, if you get one let me know and I will point you in the right direction for updates and the like.

IrishJim68

Reaction score
It took a while, got her rooted, updated firmware (made a huge differnce on annoying things like battery display being accurate etc.. Root let me mod a few things, no custom roms like miui or that and I am to lazy to learn to port yet .. Wifi receiver on the dropad is not the greatest but it works better since the root and update. depending on the model of dropad the firmware changes, if you get one let me know and I will point you in the right direction for updates and the like.

I have an "Amiga" 7in tab with a MID_Serials Honeycomb ROM that I am trying to get rooted with no luck so far. All of the normal tools on the net do not work, although an old version of Super One Click claimed success, but when I ran root checker, it said no root. This is the Amiga branded Xpedio 7 which is in reality made by iContain, and both of their web sites offer no help in the way of updated firmware or anything. The ROM info is:

Model:MID_Serials
Android Ver: 3.0UI
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 MID Serials #259 Wed. Nov 23 02:44:15 EST 2011
Build number: 20111122.144539

Maybe you could point me in the right direction to get this baby rooted.
Thanks ahead of time! :happy3: