Rooted TB won't power off

Daethian

Reaction score
When I choose Power Off from the menu, the phone just reboots into recovery mode. I wanted to power down and try the battery calibration. Any help?

cpjr

Reaction score
If it was me, I would just pull the battery.

If it still stays on....I would be scared.....

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have CWR installed? If so the tbolt will boot back in to recovery for some reason. Not sure exactly why. I already did the battery calibration and now I plan on rooting.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

wooddale

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing but only if its plunged in if itsnot then it will power down. Where did you find battery calibration at?

OP
Daethian

Daethian

Reaction score
Yes I have CW installed.
Yes! Its only doing it when plugged in.

Some places are calling it Bump charging too. There was a thread here on the forums but now I can't find it. I found it over at android central.

When I bought the TB I didn't let it charge 24 hours. I let it charge till I got the green light and then started using it. It seems like my battery always drops so the same level really fast and then it levels off.

wooddale

Reaction score
Yes I have CW installed.

Some places are calling it Bump charging too. There was a thread here on the forums but now I can't find it. I found it over at android central.

When I bought the TB I didn't let it charge 24 hours. I let it charge till I got the green light and then started using it. It seems like my battery always drops so the same level really fast and then it levels off.

yeah no what you mean but mine goes down to about 50%

cpjr

Reaction score
Ok. How does one perform a battery calibration with the battery not in the device?

I was just talking about doing so to turn the phone off....then replace the battery. Ive never screwed with doing the calibration so dont know what its about.

OP
Daethian

Daethian

Reaction score
Yes I have CW installed.

yeah no what you mean but mine goes down to about 50%

Yup that's where mine hits too. Drops to 50% really fast and then it tapers off. That was before I set up my SetCPU profiles to throttle back at 50% also. It was doing this pre-root basically from day one.

OP
Daethian

Daethian

Reaction score
Ok. How does one perform a battery calibration with the battery not in the device?

I was just talking about doing so to turn the phone off....then replace the battery. Ive never screwed with doing the calibration so dont know what its about.

So you are commenting on something you know nothing about because?
Part of the calibration entails having the phone powered OFF but plugged in and charging. Hence my issue in that as soon as I plug it in, it boots into recovery and will not power down. I can't perform the steps as directed if the phone will not remain powered off while plugged in.

cpjr

Reaction score
Im rooted running Perfect Storm ROM, overclocked to 1.5ghz (currently) running autostarts and have a few profiles setup in setcpu along with a few other settings and battery is actually pretty good.

Right now Im a 5 hours unplugged, few phone calls, txts and a little playing and Im at 90%.

cpjr

Reaction score

So you are commenting on something you know nothing about because?
Part of the calibration entails having the phone powered OFF but plugged in and charging. Hence my issue in that as soon as I plug it in, it boots into recovery and will not power down. I can't perform the steps as directed if the phone will not remain powered off while plugged in.

Right, remind me not to try and help you again.

You were asking how to shut the phone off. Your title is "TB wont power off", I told you how. Geez.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Why do u need to power off the phone to wipe the battery stats? The steps should be..

Charge phone to 100% and unplug
Boot into recovery
Go to advanced and wipe battery stats.
Let the battery run down till phone powers off
Charge back to 100% again.
At no point during the battery run down phase can u charge the phone or reboot the device, so plan accordingly.

Lithium Ion batteries have no charge memory so you were fine when you charged it to the green light. No need to charge for 24 hours.

OP
Daethian

Daethian

Reaction score
I'm trying to follow the Bump Charge/Calibration steps (different that stats wipe):

"1. With phone powered ON charge the battery until you get green light - 100% might show as 99 on widget.

2. Power off the phone.

3. Plug charger back in and wait for power light to hit green again.

Steps 4 & 5 are if you feel the need to do it I never have personally seems excessive but to each their own.

4. Unplug the phone from charger power it ON then OFF

5. Plug back into the charger until you get the green light on again.

Way battery technology works is since battery does warm up while charging when it is on and plugged in when it hits 99 percent it doesn't charge any further. Some devices then start to drain the battery life again and it trys to keep it fully charged but doesn't always work the greatest. So people feel to ensure you have completely charged the battery is to charge it when it is powered off and not using any battery function. "

Why do u need to power off the phone to wipe the battery stats? The steps should be..

Charge phone to 100% and unplug
Boot into recovery
Go to advanced and wipe battery stats.
Let the battery run down till phone powers off
Charge back to 100% again.
At no point during the battery run down phase can u charge the phone or reboot the device, so plan accordingly.

Lithium Ion batteries have no charge memory so you were fine when you charged it to the green light. No need to charge for 24 hours.