Rooted Stock 2.1 Rom to a Stock 2.2 rom with OC..how?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mrdorunjr, Jun 20, 2010.

1. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    please don't flame me and what not, i just need a link to a how to i cant seem to find one that does this, i found one for stock 2.1 to rooted 2.2 but that to me seems to be too much work.

also i know there is an updated version of the 2.2 so i want to do all of the updated stuff at once, including working OC kernals for 2.2. any and ALL help is greatly apprecieted!

thanks in advanced.

2. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    73 views and no comments? :(

3. Droiderific

Droiderific New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just did it yesterday. I just google'd it and used clockwordmod to install the .zip. Then update the basebands, and p3droid (or something like that) has oc'ed kernels; once again, google search these terms.

[edit]
    I'm googling around, so figured I'd link you to the thread I got my info from, but it is from a different board, and I'm pretty sure that's against the rules.
    [/edit]

[edit v 2.0]
    Or you could pick up right after the getting root part of this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/49671-stock-2-1-2-2-froyo-step-step-installation.html
    [/edit v 2.0]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  4. korp

korp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yup you just have to either:

install zip from sdcard if you are using clockworkmod

or

rename it to update.zip and install update.zip if you are using sprecovery

Rom manger actually does all the work for you if you want. The premium version lets you download roms from the internet and install them right away ... otherwise you have to download it to your computer and transfer to the phone with the free version.

5. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr Member

Ratings:
    +1

so would u say i fallow this exact same tutorial to get the newest version of froyo with working wifi, and oc etc? the FR w/e lol, i was so hesistent to jump to 2.1, and it took me forever to do it, and its gonna be the same with 2.2 but the theme i used only works for 2.2 so i want to get the most recent version i can with overclocking, i wish there was a more simple, or atleast a sticky like their is for 2.1 rooting, on how to get a stock 2.2 rooted droid!

6. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    stock is the antithesis to rooted :)

There's no such thing as a stock + rooted Droid. Stock theme maybe :)

7. mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    haha well right now im running a "stock" like rom. so there is nothing added besides superuser permission, and sbf. it is a rom, but it is as stock as you can get while being rooted :)

8. korp

korp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Na ... if you only install the permissions for Super User then you are as close to stock as you can get while being rooted. Once you install a rom .... it's overrrrr.