1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rooted SG 6.0 Droid will not complete OTA update to FroYo.

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by stage3matt, Aug 26, 2010.

1. stage3matt

stage3matt New Member

Whenever I try to go in and perform the update, the OTA file will download and then nothing. After the file download is complete, no installation is performed and the update screen just metions 'Restart is needed'. Reboot the phone and no dice, it just asks me to download again. What is going on here?

Do I need to restore back before SG 6.0? Unroot? Need help. The OTA download seems to keep re-downloading in the background and is killing my battery life.
  2. OwenNBA

OwenNBA New Member

If you plan on going stock, un-rooted 2.2, you need to revert back to stock, and accept then the OTA should work. If un-rooting is not something you were planning on doing, I suggest downloading a pre-rooted stock 2.2 ROM, that way you get exactly what you were looking for in stock 2.2, but you maintain root and can flash new ROM's at any time. I would suggest Pete's Stock 2.2 rom w/ root, you can get that here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/66278-rom-ota-froyo-frg01b-rooted.html
  3. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

If you are running any other recovery besides stock (SPRecovery/Clockwork) the install WILL fail.

You must go back to stock to get the Official update(s)