Rooted samsung galaxy note 2 says phone not allowed code mm#6

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Wikki, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Wikki

Wikki New Member

: I bought this phone from someone a month ago. It has been working fine. Excellent I should say. All a sudden this morning it showed that message. I did not reset anything, much less to factory. I am wondering what I should do. It turns on , no web, no text, unable to call...the menu of the software used to root it shows me some options. The options are recovery, download, hot boot, reboot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Yes Im a newbie unfortunately! HElp Please! Thx Fellows
  2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

What Carrier?

Are you running a rom (if so what rom)?

Did you make a backup?
  3. crmcsh01

crmcsh01 New Member

From my experience, MM6 usually means that the phone is blacklisted meaning that it was reported lost/stolen or an insurance claim. Even if you root and unlock, it will not be able to be used on a network if indeed it is blacklisted. If you check your settings/about and have a baseband and IMEI number then I would say that I am 99% certain that whoever you purchased it from had it blacklisted, it is a common scam on Craigslist/ebay, unfortunate but it happens.
  4. Wikki

Wikki New Member

Hi and thanks for replying.
    Yes the rom he had put in there is from team win recovery project 2.5. I dunno how else to tell what rom he put in there.. It has been working really good. No problems. Maybe I can just bring back to factory setting to att.?
  5. Wikki

Wikki New Member

Yea.....I say you are right in certain situations... However Imeis dont get blocked on gsm networks., in fact I have not heard that att or tmobile put any phone on a blacklist, I have been working in the wireless industry for a while never saw that. People lose their phones all the time and report them stolen, and nothing we could do a about it . Verizon , sprint and other cdma or tdma networks do though.
  6. Wikki

Wikki New Member

and by the way....The software has a menu when you go to turn it off. It brings up a box with 4 options. They say"recovery" "hotboot" "download" and "reboot".....when you go into recovery menu it shows +++ install, wipe, backup, restore, mount, settings, advanced, and reboot..
  7. crmcsh01

crmcsh01 New Member

At&t and t-mobile will not only block/blacklist IMEIs, they share IMEIs with each other, for instance, a t-mobile phone that gets blacklisted will not only NOT be able to run on t-mobile, it is also blacklisted on at&ts end too and vice versa, put your IMEI here to check: ESN / IMEI / MEID Check (Free) > Swappa
  8. Wikki

Wikki New Member

Soryy and thanks for your input. I gotta say that on various ocasions we had people steal phone demos and displays from our store. And as much as we tried to block the Imei, Or esn , could never be done. The thieves always got to use the phone, and the store couldn't even trace it. So I dunno where you got that from, but I would like to see that. Yes they may place it on a list in case somebody walks in to the store with it, they decomise it. But keeping it from you putting a sim card with the same network and now work......Never saw that happen.
  9. crmcsh01

crmcsh01 New Member

I've seen it first hand, this started late last year. To make things worse, I have seen an at&t phone that was blacklisted disable an at&t card, customer had to get a new SIM card after that. It doesn't happen with t-mobile though, it just will not register on their network or give a dreaded MM6 error. Have you checked the IMEI on the swappa link I posted? ESN / IMEI / MEID Check (Free) > Swappa
  10. crmcsh01

crmcsh01 New Member

11. Wikki

Wikki New Member

I tried checking it...Site says is down unfortunetly. :blink:
  12. crmcsh01

crmcsh01 New Member

13. Wikki

Wikki New Member

Search tags for this page

mm#6

mm#6 error