Rooted, running tests....

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by cooltc2004, Sep 3, 2010.

1. cooltc2004

cooltc2004 New Member

So after having my phone for 5 months, and wanting to root it for 5 months, I finally gave in and rooted. First impression: awesome. Anyways, I overclocked my phone to 800 MHz (stock Kernel, I thought SetCPU would only let me go to 600 MHz, but I guess I was wrong) and I'm trying to run tests to see if my phone can handle it before I move on. After 30 minutes of wireless tethering, playing music, and the "stress test" in SetCPU, my temperature was: 100.4 degrees F (It actually decreased from 102.2 degrees F). What are your opinions on that? Also, is my "test" adequate enough for testing my phone? With the decrease in temperature, I'm questioning it.

Thanks for all your help guys, love this forum.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Welcome to the "dark side" (rooted). The kernel that you have installed will be the limiting force for how high you can over clock. SetCPU is a tool that allows you to manage.
    In view of the testing you mentioned I do not think a temp of 100.4 is bad. Obviously, you do not want to stay that high for an extended period of time.

Have you tried the Linpack or Quadrant apps? They will provide more info on the speed of your phone.

Finally, there are different kernels that you can install that may provide better performance with less heat. Check the developers web site of for the rom that you installed.

Hope this is helpful.

Mike
  3. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

As Mike said Welcome to the Dark Side

To help with a few of your questions SetCpu will let you OverClock as high as the kernel you have installed is built for, so you have a 800Mhz kernel, as far as the temps the CPU on the Droid is rated at over 140/150 degrees (I don't remember exactly) but way more than you might think and of course those are dangerous temps but the 102 you are referring to is a real nice temperature to be operating at even 112 wouldn't be to hot

I do wonder where you are getting your temps from though, depending on what kernel you are running those are possibly battery temp readings you are getting, if you could name your ROM and kernel type and if you are reading temps from within SetCPU I could help you figure that out
  4. cooltc2004

cooltc2004 New Member

Im running stock Froyo 2.2 FRG22D rooted with this tutorial:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html
    I have not flashed a kernel or anything.

I'm just getting my temperatures from SetCPU, I do believe its from the battery.

[edit]
    I ran Quadrant, and scored right below the Samsung, not too bad? I didn't flash a ROM, nor am I going to in the near future, I really like the stock look.

I was thinking of flashing P3's Kernels (starting at 1 GHz) and going from there. For the stock OS (plus root), is this a good choice?

Thank you dancedroid
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  5. cooltc2004

cooltc2004 New Member

You know what's funny, I ran quadrant on my dads completely stock droid (hasn't even installed any apps, quadrant was the FIRST one) and scored right below the Samsung, way abovde where it says the droid should score. So I remembered that my battery was low when I ran the test, so it was underclocked. I reran it on full battery and scored in the mid 900's this time.

So my question about kernels is will P3Droid's woek good for me for what I want to do? Should I look at Chevy's?

Thanks a lot!
  6. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Ignore benchmarks, they are useless and meaningless for the most part. A 1500 on a benchmark has no reflection to how smooth your phone runs.

Use the phone, and decide if it is snappy enough for you. Also pay attention to the temperatures and battery life going with that snappiness. Is everything working as it should? Basically you want your phone to be responsive, have good battery life, not get too hot, all while giving you the features you want.
  7. Jejackson

Jejackson New Member

you must find the balance!
  8. cooltc2004

cooltc2004 New Member

So I installed Chevys low voltage 1.0 Ghz kernel, and during testing my phone totally froze (no FC, just rock solid frozen). For testing I turned on music, wireless tether, and ran the SetCPU stress test. So I pulled the battery, restored my backup, and flashed P3's regular voltage 1.0 Ghz kernel.

Now with P3's kernel, I have no CPU temperature. I thought P3's had this in it? I downloaded TempMonitor to verify, and no CPU temp.

Am I doing something wrong? Was my phone freezing related to Chevy's kernel?
Search tags for this page
android rosetta stone
android rosetta stone without root
como hackear rosetta course en android
hack rosetta stone android
hacked rosetta stone android
how to hack android rosetta stone
how to hack rosetta stone on android
how to hack rosseta stone on android
root+android+rosetta stone

rosetta course android hack

rosetta stone android