Rooted, removed native music app and....

Drumlicks

Reaction score
Hi, I rooted my DX & removed the native music app (2.2) because I couldn't get the controls on any of my stereo bluetooth headphones to activate the player I bought from Market; the on/off button on the headphones always activated the native player instead...so, now I'm having this screen lock/reboot issue daily-is there some way to get the music player back on here? I assume when the swipe unlocks the phone and it can't find the native player it shuts down? Also, will VZW tech support replace a rooted phone? Many thanks....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you not make a backup prior to removing any apps? And no, you rooted which voids your warranty.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

OP
D

Drumlicks

Reaction score
A backup of the entire Android OS so that I might replace any native apps that were mistakenly or ignorantly removed? No...I backed up my contacts and the Market apps were of course backed up- and I've read posts from people who are rooted who have had VZW send them return handsets....am I incorrect?

Fightnfire

Reaction score
A backup of the entire Android OS so that I might replace any native apps that were mistakenly or ignorantly removed? No...I backed up my contacts and the Market apps were of course backed up- and I've read posts from people who are rooted who have had VZW send them return handsets....am I incorrect?

Incorrect, no.

Fraud, yes.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Incorrect, no.

Fraud, yes.

+1

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't need a replacement. Personally I would sbf to get back to stock if you didn't make a backup. Or you could try finding the music app and pushing it to system/ app

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
^^ This!