rooted razr i have downloaded the ota update wats next

901djdre

Reaction score
hey guys i know this question has been ask a million an one times im new to this i have rooted my razr with droid razr root mac linux an the ota update came thru last nite i downloaded it but not yet have install it i dnt want to lose my root access does anyone know if u can regain root after installing this up
date thanx for any ideas or help

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I was rooted. Downloaded the update. Lost root. Re-rooted again. No big deal...

jayb

Reaction score
I was rooted. Downloaded the update. Lost root. Re-rooted again. No big deal...

Thanks I just un-rooted to accept the update ( also defrosted everything ) and went smooth. I was wondering about just Re-rooting again. Now I have my answer. Off topic a bit ..... but has there been any mention of a SBF file coming out any time soon? I just keep waiting to brick this thing jacking around with it.

breedingh8

Reaction score
hey guys i know this question has been ask a million an one times im new to this i have rooted my razr with droid razr root mac linux an the ota update came thru last nite i downloaded it but not yet have install it i dnt want to lose my root access does anyone know if u can regain root after installing this up
date thanx for any ideas or help

Mine just failed twice gonna factory reset I guess and try again...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

OP

901djdre

Reaction score
im new to this kinda talk so basically yall jus saying except the download lose root an jus re root my phone using the same method as i did
the first time ?

hoosier84

Reaction score
I was rooted (zedomax method) I had frozen a few apps with TB. After finding out there was an OTA update I was very nervous to download the update, but finally bit the bullet. First thing I did was defrosted all the apps that I had frozen with titanium backup. I then installed the OTA update. That went fine. I then tried to run wireless tether to see if I still had root, but unfortunately I did not have root access. I then simply ran the root method (zedomax) again and am now rooted and typing this post from laptop using wifi tether. I did NOT unroot before re-rooting. Hope this helps anyone still waiting to intall the OTA. No, I haven't noticed any noticeable change after the update, but I haven't really been looking for any changes yet anyway :)

Thanks I just un-rooted to accept the update ( also defrosted everything ) and went smooth. I was wondering about just Re-rooting again. Now I have my answer. Off topic a bit ..... but has there been any mention of a SBF file coming out any time soon? I just keep waiting to brick this thing jacking around with it.

OP

901djdre

Reaction score
hey I tried your method an suspended my root with voodoo did a root check it said my phone wasnt rooted then i installed the update
it said fail to install so i went back to voodoo an rerooted my phone so did i do anything wrong

sirvalence

Reaction score
My OTA failed twice. I'm rooted with a bunch of apps frozen using Bloat Freezer. First thing I did was to use Voodoo OTA RootKeeper (free from Android Market). I 'Protected Root' then 'temp. unroot' 'ed my phone. Next, I defrosted all of the apps I had frozen via Bloat Freezer. The OTA update worked. I re-established root using Voodoo, then re-froze all my apps. Success. The only think I can think of that would kill my update is that they renamed two of the processes that I had frozen, 'Gallery' is now 'My Gallery' and 'Files' is now 'My Files' I don't have any kind of bootstrap or recovery installed as I want to wait until there is some kind of SBF available to us. Hope this helps.